Location of user content in WWB

Frequently Asked Questions about WYSIWYG Web Builder
Pablo

Location of user content in WWB

Post by Pablo »

In WYSIWYG Web Builder all user content is stored in the Windows Documents folder. This will make it easy for you to backup all user specific files because all Web Builder related files are in one location.

All user assets (like extensions, templates, navigation bar images, publish settings etc) will be stored in
My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\
However, you can change this folder in: Tools -> Options -> Files & Folders-> System Folder

Note that if you change this folder then Web Builder will NOT move all content that is already in the previous selected folder. You will have to move that manually!
Last edited by Pablo on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Customize WYSIWYG Web Builder

Post by Pablo »

This section describes how to add customize WYSIWYG Web Builder so you can add yoru own image buttons, themes etc.

WYSIWYG Web Builder saves all user specific configuration information in the folder: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\
(unless you have changed the folder location in Tools -> Options- > File & Folders)

This makes it easy to backup all your files and settings by copying all the files and folders in My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder.

For example if you modify the gradient styles through the Style manager the changes will be saved to My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\gradients.dat

Publish locations
Publish settings will be saved in the file My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\publish.dat
The application only stores the name of the publish profile in the .wbs file, so that is how the publish lcoatin is linked to your project.

ClipArt
You can download thousands of free dingbats fonts to use as ClipArt from the Internet. Search for 'free dingbat fonts' to find all large collection of new shapes.

After you've downloaded one or more files you can copy them to the 'clipart' folder in the Web Builder system folder: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\clipart\

See also: ClipArt in the help

Extensions
Extensions (also called add-ons or plugins) are components which enhance the functionality of WYSIWYG Web Builder. Extensions can be accessed through the Toolbox or via the Insert menu just like the standard objects.

There are already more than 200 extensions available for WYSIWYG Web Builder! Check out the website for more details: http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/extensions.html

Although you can use the Extension Manager to install new extensions it's also possible to copy the files manually to the My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions\ folder.

Photo Gallery Frames
Frames can be applied to Photo Galleries and standard images.

Custom frames styles can be added to the folder: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\gallery\

See also: Photo Gallery in the help.

Templates
Templates you create will be saved to: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\templates

This means that if have downloaded templates from the website or another source these should be place in this folder.
See also: Templates in the help.

Blocks
Blocks will be saved to: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\blocks

So if have downloaded extra Blocks from the website or another source these should be place in this folder.
Related tutorial: http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/blocks.html

Navigation Bar
To add your own button images for usage in the navigation bar place them in the My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\navbar folder.
A collection of extra navigation bar buttons can be downloaded here:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/free_extras.html

Tab Menu
The themes for the tabmenu are stored in the folder: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\tabmenu\

See also: Tab Menu in the help

Textures
Textures (for backgrounds) are stored in the application folder. Usually this is: C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 14\textures\

Animations
User made animations (created in the Animation Manager) will be saved to: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\animations.dat

CMS Plugins
The plugin scripts for the CMS Admin object are stored in the folder: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\

More information about CMS plugins: http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/cms_plugins.html

Theme Roller
Many of the jQuery widgets can be styled by using ThemeRoller themes.

New themes must be installed in the ‘themeroller’ folder of WYSIWYG Web Builder: My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\themeroller\

You can easily create custom themes by visiting the ThemeRoller website: http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/

Step 1
Go to the ThemeRoller website: http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/

Step 2
Select one of the predefined themes or create your own theme.

Step 3
Download the theme to your computer.

Make sure you select 'All components' and version 1.8.x for jQuery 1.4+.

In 'Advanced Theme Settings' you can specify the name of your theme. Let's call it 'MyFirstTheme'.

The downloaded file is in zip format and will be called something like: jquery-ui-1.8.2.custom.zip

Step 4
Unzip the files to a temporary folder on your harddisk.

There are a lot of files in the zip that you don't need.

You will find your custom theme in: development-bundle\themes\MyFirstTheme

(where MyFirstTheme is the name of your theme).

You will need to copy this complete folder to the Web Builder themeroller folder:

My Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\themeroller\MyFirstTheme

The new theme wil now be available the next time you open the properties of the jQuery objects.
Pablo

Re: Location of user content in WB7

Post by Pablo »

It's important to understand that if you change the default document folder in Menu->Options->Tools->Folder->Default Documents Folder that the system folder will also change!

So for instance if you've changed it to C:\My Web Sites\
then the system folder (and all sub folders) will be in
C:\My Web Sites\system\
and templates, extensions and other personal files will be in
C:\My Web Sites\system\templates
C:\My Web Sites\system\extensions
etc...
Pablo

Re: Location of user content in WB7 & WB8

Post by Pablo »

Application specific settings are stored in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pablo Software Solutions\WYSIWYG Web Builder 14