Any way to allow blank spaces in URL

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
richrich

Any way to allow blank spaces in URL

Post by richrich »

I have a few pages from way back that were created with blank spaces in the url. They are of discontinued products but I have links in them pointing to new replacement product pages. I would like to update them to a mobile friendly pages to get the non mobile friendly red flags out of the Google console. WWB is not allowing me to create a page name or URL with blank spaces in them. It forces hyphens in place of the blank spaces in the file name. I know blank spaces in a URL is not good but these are old old pages that still have value due to still receiving hits that can be forwarded to new product pages. If I change the file name now I loose the Google rank it's gained through the years. I tried to rename the css and html files once on the server but it broke the page. So that didn't work. Is there some way to disable the "no blank spaces" in WWB and fix the few pages and then turn back on the "no blank spaces" option? Rich
Pablo

Re: Any way to allow blank spaces in URL

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, there is no option to use spaces in page names.
But on the server you may be able to redirect the old pages to new pages via .htaccess.

https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/art ... cess-file-
richrich

Re: Any way to allow blank spaces in URL

Post by richrich »

I was hoping not to have to .htaccess redirect, but if it's the only way then I'll have to. Trying to clear all mobile friendly red flags out of Google console. It was the whole reason for moving to WWB. Thanks Pablo, Rich