Text Object bookmarks

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
dennisjarc

Text Object bookmarks

Post by dennisjarc »

Pablo,

I have a simple web page that consists of a layer grid with a text object inside of it. The text object has a lot of information which causes the height to be much larger than the view area. I would like to add bookmarks to the text object but whenever I do, they go to the bottom of the text object and become part of the layer grid. When I link to them, the page always goes to the bottom of the text which is where the bookmarks show up.

I have also tried to follow the example in the forum "Link to a Bookmark" which was at viewtopic.php?t=57120. I am using WB 15.0.3 with the following input.

Bookmark Link Tab
- Selected Link to: External Web Address
- URL: #
Bookmark Advanced Tab
- ID: Bookmark1
- HTML: name="bookmark" (added based on Tab comments but don't think I need)

Page Link Tab
- Selected Link to: Page in this Project
- Page: Selected page with bookmark on it
- Bookmark: The dropdown box only shows the layer grid bookmark and not the one inserted above.

I think I could embed separate layer grids with sections of text which would allow me to use the layer grids as bookmarks but seems like a lot of work for a simple page.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.
Dennis
Pablo

Re: Text Object bookmarks

Post by Pablo »

To use bookmarks in text, it's important that 'Display all objects in Link -> Bookmarks' in Tools->Options->User Interface is enabled.

Example project:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... okmark.zip
dennisjarc

Post by dennisjarc »

Pablo,

That fixed the bookmark issue. I never would have found that setting.

I do have one other problem now that I got the bookmarks working. They are styled as links and they really are not. I added a new link style to make them look like text but it did not change the styling.

I checked and the class is added to the bookmark <a tag plus the new style is in the project css.

I also tried it on the sample project that you sent and it did not change the styling. Is there another setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks for your help.
Dennis
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you use a valid style name?

Related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=64868
dennisjarc

Post by dennisjarc »

Pablo,

I initially used Bookmark as the style name and thought that might have been a reserved word. I went ahead and used the default style1 and tried. Still got the same results.

Dennis
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
dennisjarc

Post by dennisjarc »

Pablo,

I went ahead and loaded the sample project you had sent and added the style to the bookmarks again. At first, I thought it didn't work because it still showed a hyperlink in the design view but when I published it, it worked fine. Then I isolated the page from my project and worked with just that page. I noticed there were page errors because I did not specify the header style for the breakpoints I had. I went ahead and updated the header style in the style manager and made the same changes that I did to the sample project and again it worked fine. I then went back into the original project and removed all the errors. There also were some file reference errors that had spaces in them so I fixed them also. Finally, I updated the page with the changes made on the isolated page and everything worked.

Could the page errors have caused the problem since they were styling errors? Anyways, I'm all set and appreciate the responsive support.

Thanks again.
Dennis
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Without seeing the project it is difficult say anything maening about this.
But if there are naming errors or other conflicts then then this may affect the behavior in browsers.