odd behaviour - link from thumbnail image

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
theidiot

odd behaviour - link from thumbnail image

Post by theidiot »

In order to help media clients to download images of our business more easily, we create download pages where a thumbnail is linked to the full image, so the client can decide which image they want, and then download it from our servers.

We've been doing this with WYSIWYG for years quite happily.

But now an odd thing is happening.

I insert the thumbnail image on the page.

In the info box, I link the 360 pixel thumbnail image to the hi-res full size image which is about 6000+ pixels

Recently, for some reason, when I preview or publish the page and click on the thumbnail, what I get is an image the same size as the thumbnail on a dark grey background. I have tried every configuration I can to make it open the full image, I've changed folder locations, image names, but can't seem to get it to do so.

I've made no changes I am aware of to the the programme settings, and I've been doing the same thing with it for years.

Is this a known issue? What am I doing wrong?
theidiot

Re: odd behaviour - link from thumbnail image

Post by theidiot »

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The name of the file name of the thumbnail image and the linked image are the same.
If you want to add images with different sizes to your website then they must have a unique name.
theidiot

Post by theidiot »

Oh for goodness sake! I suspected it would be something stupid I was doing!

In the past, I have set the thumbnail creation programme to add a suffix "TH", to differentiate it from the full image. For some reason I removed this step, so I have two sets of images, vastly different in size and in different folders, but with the same names.

I cannot tell you how long I've spent doing and re-doing the page to try to make it work. My username is right on the money.

Thank you Pablo - much appreciated. It's easy when you know how :)