This is odd....

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
pacstar

This is odd....

Post by pacstar »

Pablo, I'll try to explain this the best I can. Running the 64 bit version updated 8/13. Same issue on 15.0.5 and 15.0.6

I have a page that I cloned from another page. The page I cloned is already published and functions correctly online ( you can see it here www.pacificcoastvictory.com/victory-mot ... sories.htm ) so you can see what I cloned. Ive also tried using a different original pages to clone from with the same issue.

So, you can see there are multiple images on the page with links. The cloned page seems to copy correctly at first. But when I try to change the "OCTANE" image (first one top left) to 50% Opacity, that's when things go haywire. It seems to only happen when I change the Opacity on that image.

First, the image Opacity does not change. Then, any additional edits to the page do not seem to apply, and if I view another page (within WYSIWYG), when I return to the cloned page, the page graphics stay the same as the previous page I viewed.

If I change the Opacity of that image back to 100 then things work correctly again. If I change the Opacity on any of the other images, it appears to work correctly.

I'm using Flex Grid, 5 columns, 8 rows. This would be row 3 column 2. Default breakpoint.

All of the settings appear to be the same for all the images, and I have the same problem on other websites that use the same page layout.

Sorry, but this one is hard to explain. I hope I did it ok. Its something about changing the Opacity on the first image that blows things up.
Pablo

Re: This is odd....

Post by Pablo »

This is most likely related to the file name of the image.
If you apply effects or filters to an image and then use the same image with different effects on another page then there will be a naming conflict.
It cannot not have different effects on another page unless you use a different file name.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:48 pm This is most likely related to the file name of the image.
If you apply effects or filters to an image and then use the same image with different effects on another page then there will be a naming conflict.
It cannot not have different effects on another page unless you use a different file name.
I've never had that issue before? Maybe I'm not explaining it right. I think this is worse than that.

If I click on an image with Opacity set to 50%, then close the page, (which will by default show design of the page below it) then re-open the page again, the design of the previous page remains on the page I just opened. I can't even see the design of the page I'm opening.

This has never been an issue before.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you I need a copy of the project and a description of the exact steps to reproduce this behavior.

Related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo,

I didn't know what to take out or include because it seems the issue may be related to possibly different issues. But the file is fairly small.

The .wbs file can be found here https://www.pacificcoastvictory.com/WYSIWYG/

OK, By default the file will open with index.htm

Next click the "+" next to .victory-motorcycle-parts-accessories.htm
you can select ANY of the pages below that, but the page I cloned is .victory-motorcycle-suspension.htm (should be the lowest one)

Open that page.

Next click the first image and change the Opacity to 50% (note, nothing appears to happen)

Next click on the tab "index" then click back on the "victory-motorcycle-suspension" tab.

On mine, the index page continues to show. it does not go back to the "victory-motorcycle-suspension" page.

If you go to Opacity, and change it back to 100 the page pops back up correctly. That's the first issue.

Next,

If I understand what you are saying "If you apply effects or filters to an image and then use the same image with different effects on another page then there will be a naming conflict.
It cannot not have different effects on another page unless you use a different file name."
It hasn't been an issue before.

For example, in a browser open this page. https://www.pacificcoastvictory.com/vic ... guards.htm

You can see that I have multiple images set to Opacity of 50%

Next open this page https://www.pacificcoastvictory.com/vic ... lebars.htm
and you'll see I have a completely different images (i.e. "Gunner") set to Opacity 50 even though they are the same images, and it functions perfectly.

Like I said, it's never been an issue to do this before. So I believe something has changed within the last few updates. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly which update it was. But I can't do it anymore.

Thanks, Let me know if that makes sense to you.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Can you please also share the images folder? Otheriwse I cannot load your website.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Should be there for you now. Let me know if you need anything else.

Note: I have an "image" folder within the .wbs file that I store my photos in.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, but downloading each image individually will take me hours of work.
Can you please share all images in one zip file?
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Download them individually? Why wouldn't you just download the folder? It's just 11 megs.

Looks like the zip folder is actually larger. It should be there for you now.

Let me know if that's what you need. Am I sending you the correct folder?

BTW the "pacificcoastvictory" folder is the images.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I do not see an option to download the complete folder from your website.
I can only download individual files.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As Pablos suggestion it would be easier to just place all the images and .wbs file in one zip file (not rar) for download.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:46 am I do not see an option to download the complete folder from your website.
I can only download individual files.
Sorry Pablo, I don't zip files very often. I think I have what you want now.

https://www.pacificcoastvictory.com/WYS ... uilder.zip

Note, the site grabs images from two folders. So you may need to use both the pacificcoastvictory and pacificcoastcruisers image folders.

I hope this works this time.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for the files.
I was now able to reproduce the problem and it will be fixed in the next update.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 pm Thanks for the files.
I was now able to reproduce the problem and it will be fixed in the next update.
Thanks Pablo,

Sorry for the troubles getting the file over to you. Glad you were able to duplicate it.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The issue should now be fixed in today's build (8/22/2019):
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo,

Thanks!!!
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:56 pm The issue should now be fixed in today's build (8/22/2019):
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
Pablo,

I'm still running into issues where when I switch from one page to another page, it still shows the previous screens graphics. I'm not sure what steps I am doing to cause it to happen, but once I do, I will let you know.

Right now whatever page I click on, just shows the graphics from my index page. But I don't know what I did. It's happened a couple of times since the latest hotfix
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help, I need to know the exact steps to reproduce this behavior.
Note that in the meantime a new hotfix has been released (August 27, 2019) with more improvements.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:30 am To be able to help, I need to know the exact steps to reproduce this behavior.
Note that in the meantime a new hotfix has been released (August 27, 2019) with more improvements.
Pablo,

I understand you need the exacts steps. As soon as I figure it out, I will get it to you.

In the mean time, I'll upload the hotfix.

Thanks