Carousels behaving erratically

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Foxtrot6

Carousels behaving erratically

Post by Foxtrot6 »

I publish a monthly newsletter and use carousels extensively in them. I have discovered that all of my web pages that were published prior to July 2019 have a problem with the carousels in that when clicked on they are jumping around like Mexican beans. Was there an update to the carousel Javascript in July or August of this year? If so, can it be made backwards compatible? Help!

To see an example of the issue affecting all pages prior to July/August 2019: http://ukmamsoba.org/obb062819.html
Pablo

Re: Carousels behaving erratically

Post by Pablo »

It looks like you have used WB14?
There has not been an update to the Carousel.
Maybe you have used conflicting timing settings?
For example, maybe the delay is shorter than the animation time?
I cannot see your exact sertings but it looks like you have set the delay to 0 and animation time to 2000. So, basically threw is no time to complete the animation before the next slide will be displayed.

Also, note that the page is set to HTML4, this is not correct. It should be HTML5 (default)

To be able to help you, I need to know all your settings or have a demo project.
Foxtrot6

Post by Foxtrot6 »

Thanks Pablo, I'll check it out
Foxtrot6

Post by Foxtrot6 »

Okay! It was the HTML 4 setting that was creating the issue. I changed the page setting to HTML 5 and carousel appears to be functioning well. The timings as I had them are correct - it is set for manual advancement, not automatic.

Thanks so very much for your guidance Pablo - it's not going to be difficult to correct with the other pages.