Website builder goes blank behind publish screen

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
clarkep

Website builder goes blank behind publish screen

Post by clarkep »

When i publish a web page with content images and text being only main content of page etc the software gives me a black screen behind publish window when publishing one page.

any ideas what is causing it when i publish with no content what so ever eg nothing on page it does not happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KufHrm2 ... e=youtu.be
bkjohns

Re: Website builder goes blank behind publish screen

Post by bkjohns »

Perhaps your image file names are not allowed. No spaces should be in image names, so image one.jpg is not valid, image_one.jpg would work.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need a copy of the project so I can see all your settings.

Related FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

sending you project and files via we transfer site otter inn colaton raleigh project.

checked page weight as only uploading index page only and gives me blank screen when publishing and page weight is 1.551 kb
publishing time 00:03:47
error reports none
asset manager everything says it is ok
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

have just tried publishing again and it only does it when i publish for the first time after opening the project and making any changes etc then if i make another publish it does not do it only when i open the project and make changes then publish for first time since opening project and making changes does it give me a blank screen when publishing as you have seen in the video i sent you link to on you-tube
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

How can I reproduce this behavior?
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

i just open my project once open weather i do any changes to my project or not i just publish and it comes up with that black screen as in video i sent you link to but then if i publish for a second time weather or not i have done any changes it does not give me a black screen like in video i sent you link to on you-tube it does it properly.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe your computer is just busy and does not have time to update the screen?
Does the blank screee have any effect of the published page?
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

Web builder only program running when I publish so I don't think it being busy is the problem and I don't know why it does it
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I meant: maybe the application is busy generating your website?
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

oh is their any way this could be fixed so it doesn't happen the black screen i mean.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to 'fix' this, I first need to know how to reproduce this behavior. See my previous replies.
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

i dont know how to reproduce i sent you a link to a video showing you what i did i just open my project make some changes etc then when i publish for first time after making changes it produces a black screen behind publish window this also happens if i do not make changes and open the project and just publish straight away as well i do not know what causes it other than when i publish a completely blank project with nothing on it does not happen the black screen but when content is there it happens.
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

have just cleaned my browser history etc on chrome and catch and cookies and installed free version of ccleaner to do so as clearing this in chrome is very long winded in chrome and now that i have done this and opened the project and published straight away it has not come up with a black screen behind the publish window as it has done previously maybe what was causing it was my chrome browser having 19.000 something sites under browsing history that needed cleared and cookies and catch needed cleared
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

since i have cleared my browsing history in chrome etc i have just re published a couple of times made changes etc and not made changes and published etc and it does it occasionally the black screen behind the publish window but not as often.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

So, maybe it is related to Chrome and not WWB?
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

possible but i dont know if i will ever no for sure
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Does it also happen with another browser?
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

the black screen behind the publish window only happened when i am publishing the project it does not happen in the browser but as i said it is not happening as often now i have cleared my browsing history on chrome etc before it was happening every time i opened my project then publish straight away with out making any changes or even if i di make changes then publish my project it would come up with black screen behind publish window in wysiwyg web builder
zinc

Post by zinc »

clarkep wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:29 pm the black screen behind the publish window only happened when i am publishing the project it does not happen in the browser but as i said it is not happening as often now i have cleared my browsing history on chrome etc before it was happening every time i opened my project then publish straight away with out making any changes or even if i di make changes then publish my project it would come up with black screen behind publish window in wysiwyg web builder
@Pablo - Could this have something to do with the backup process? Zipping the files...
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

reply to Zinc:

Could be and i dont think i have tried not choosing to publish back up zip maybe next time i shall have to choose not backing up with zip when i publish although as i have said previously i have since used ccleaner and cleaned my browsing history etc and it is better the black screen not happening as often when i publish.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

My guess is you have a very large size image somewhere in the project. I've seen the black background due to that, but in the end it doesn't effect the site published so I don't worry about it.