Password Not Allowed

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
tutshbaby1

Password Not Allowed

Post by tutshbaby1 »

I am trying to publish an update to my web site. I get these errors during publication: Internet Exception Error 12031 Details: The connection with the server was reset; also: Internet Exception Error 12014 Details: The password was not allowed.

I am running version 12.2.1. Also, I cannot log in when using my WYSIWYG Web Builder to check my password.
Pablo

Re: Password Not Allowed

Post by Pablo »

WYSIWYG Web Builder does not verify your password. This is an error message from the server.
If you did not change anything yourself, then this is most likely an issue on the server side.

Note that WWB 12.2.1 is no longer supported.
MGD4me

Re: Password Not Allowed

Post by MGD4me »

A Google search provides this answer. Perhaps it might help ...

What causes error 12031 ?
The 12031 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted windows system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows registry. This corrupted registry will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

How to easily fix (error 12031)?
There are two (2) ways to fix 12031 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual restore):

1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.