Internet Exception Error 12003

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
GWHC

Internet Exception Error 12003

Post by GWHC »

Hi, I receive the above error when trying to publish, going on to add "The server returned extended information 220--,,,"
Can you help please.
Pablo

Re: Internet Exception Error 12003

Post by Pablo »

Did it previously work?
If you did not change anything yourself then it's usually an server related issue.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36493
GWHC

Post by GWHC »

Hi, the only thing that has been changed is I am now using windows 10. I have spoken to TSO Host at length and they have checked and can find no problems at that end and wonder if there has been an update on the software I am using to upload but I said this is not the case.

I don't know if it is relevant but if I preview the changes are shown but it is only when I publish that it all goes wrong.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe your host has switched to SecureFTP?
Can you login with another FTP tool using the same data?
GWHC

Post by GWHC »

Sorry can you tell me where I can look to find how to be able to do what you suggest
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In the publish settings you can configure the properties that are required for your web host. For example, Secure FTP, or FTPS etc.
Only your host can tell you the exact settings you need to use.
Bloodhound2

Post by Bloodhound2 »

Dear GWHC

I too have been having continued problems with TSOHOST since they introduced the security syestem but forgot to tell their customers. Eventually I got a support chap (Martin Todorov) who seemed to know what he was doing and he discovered that my IP address hadn't been 'allowed' by their servers so he did the right thing and all was sorted! Isn't this rather a bizarre thing to be required though as it is going to be a significant problem for people working on the move.

One thing I found odd was that on occasions I could get through the TSOHOST firewall before my IP address was authorised which doesn't say too much for the firewall but it confused the hell out of me!

Eventually I could get through to the right folders by using SFTP with SSH2 (Secure Shell) for the primary domain but FTP with TLS/SSL (AUTH TLS Explicit) on the subdomains; no other type would work. (Note Filezilla uses different wording to WWB but the functions are the same).

Before you contact them again I suggest you install Filezilla and set up your main domain and a subdomain (if you have them) as they will want you to try any tests with them and if all works there they will not be interested in what application you actually use; this is not unique.

Regards
Mike
GWHC

Post by GWHC »

Hi,
Host has informed me they have changed the Encryption: from FTP to use "explicit FTP over TLS if available"

I cannot see an option to change this in edit publish location

John
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

GWHC

Post by GWHC »

Hi, I am currently using WYSIWYG version 12 I have just realised there is a version 15 which is why I cannot see the screen shot that you sent.

What a numpty (please don't answer that) can I download this version for free or is there a fee and can a numpty do it without effecting my current websites
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

For more information about the upgrade please see this related FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/howtoupgrade.html
GWHC

Post by GWHC »

Thank you very much I have now downloaded version 15 and made the changes you suggested on Publish and low and behold it is now working.