php mailer using standard email form

Issues related to forms.
rogerl

Re: php mailer using standard email form

Post by rogerl »

Hi Mike,
Just checking through your code and it would seem you are not using PHPMailer but X-Mailer instead. From my point of view the PHPMailer is a better way to go and my code is based on that. All the differences are based on that selection you have made. Only other difference I found was that your form is in a layout grid, but I can't imagine that makes a difference.
Have you selected - Advanced, Mail engine, Use PHPMailer instead of standard PHP mail, also Mail Engine, mail. This is found by right clicking on a blank part of the form and selecting object properties then clicking on the Advanced button
Also
$mail->FromName = 'my email name';
Don't forget to change 'my email name' in the custom code to something more meaningful to you i.e. 'Mike's Site"
Other than that, have nothing further to offer.
Regards
Roger
Bloodhound2

Post by Bloodhound2 »

Thank you Roger,
I have corrected the omission I had made and now have it working perfectly but this was only after I had uploaded the entire web site again.

It would be good if Pablo was to include this in a future update as it greatly improves compatibility with Gmail and others whilst retaining the assistance for users so they do not have to remember to copy the enquirer's email address across.

Best regards
Mike
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

See the info on the next upgrade to V15 - Pablo has added ability to add FromName as part of the form where you add the From address. Nothing about fixing the replyTo issue though.??

Update!!
Check out Pablo's reply below. New form format in V15. Replace the contents of the replyTo field with:

Code: Select all

$_POST['email'], $_POST['name']
and put something meaningful in the FromName field.

Note !!
For those using Thunderbird as your email client, there are a couple of issues around using replyTo which can be overcome but also do not test using your own name and email as it realises this relates to your profile and won't use as a replyTo address.
Last edited by rogerl on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
harville

Post by harville »

Thank you Roger!
I too was having the same issue you have and was able to resolve it by adding the 3 lines of code you gave. Thank you for making it easy! I'm not a php guru either, but like you, I'm pretty good at solving problems.

Pablo, is there any way to work this into your software as an option?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This functionality is available in WB15.

See also:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/support/wb15.html
harville

Post by harville »

Thanks! I'm currently using WB14, may consider upgrading before too long.
qutuba

Post by qutuba »

Hi

any one have script of contact form used by PHP mailer through web builder 15 or can write in detail pls.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »