Contact Form

Issues related to forms.
cmc7007

Contact Form

Post by cmc7007 »

Hi
Can anyone help me with a problem, please?

I have an issue and I just do not understand it.

It concerns using forms.

I have used one of the form blocks provided, invoked the PHP processor script, and amended the page properties to PHP as described.

However, when I click on "Contact Us" in all of my menus on all the pages created, I am getting an error message stating that my files may have been moved or deleted. In other words, the 'Contact Us' page isn't displaying!

If, however, I change the page properties back to HTML rather than PHP - then all my menu links work perfectly, with the PHP script invoked within the form itself. But, my understanding is that the form won't work because the page properties have to be amended to PHP.

I am lost here.

I need help as this website is supposed to be going live tonight and I am really stumped at the last hurdle.

Have you any thoughts on this, please?

Thank you

Cecil McClelland
PS - I would really appreciate your help here.
BaconFries

Re: Contact Form

Post by BaconFries »

Are you trying to Preview locally? if so then this is not possible due to PHP requires to be published to your server which must support php. Without seeing or knowing the settings you have set then it hard to say anything. If you require help please either provide a url to view or share a copy of your project before doing so please read the following
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
cmc7007

Post by cmc7007 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Before I try anything that is mentioned in your link provided, may I ask one question?

Are you saying that in order for the menu to work, then the site has to be published live on the internet?

If so, then that is okay. I am viewing the site locally in the preview mode of course, but as I said, none of the links for the contact us page appears.

If the page properties are changed to HTML then it does appear and work, but the contact form itself will not function because it has to be changed to PHP.

The Web Hosting company does operate PHP, okay, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I just need to know that when published all the created links within the menus will lead to the Contact Us page.

Rest assured I have followed all the steps as per the instructions. I am using Version 14 by the way.

I'd rather not try to do the complicate steps which have been suggested.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Are you saying that in order for the menu to work, then the site has to be published live on the internet?
You cannot preview PHP pages locally. PHP only works online. That is why the link does not work locally.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

"Are you saying that in order for the menu to work, then the site has to be published live on the internet?"

Yes and no. It needs to be published to a server/host that supports php (just about everybody), but not necessarily 'live'. You can publish your site to a test folder on the server (you pick the name - make it hard to guess) and test it 'live' to you only. Once your happy, publish to the correct folder on the host to go truly live.