Pasting elements INTO a layout grid

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
heynen

Pasting elements INTO a layout grid

Post by heynen »

Dear all,

one very general question - I could not find the answer elsewhere: How can I insert objects directly into a layout grid? I have two cases:

Very often, I need to duplicate an element on my page, and put the duplicate to another place (the other place is most often a spot inside a layout grid).

So far, I have never been able to copy an element directly into the layout grid. So what I do is: a) copy the element to the bottom of the page. b) move the element into the layout grid.Is there any way of telling WWB "I want to copy this element exactly into this layout grid"?

P.S.: The "paste in place" command works sometimes for this, but not always. It does not seem to work when I want to duplicate a layout grid or when I want to duplicate several objects at once.
Pablo

Re: Pasting elements INTO a layout grid

Post by Pablo »

You cannot directly copy/past object inside a layout grid, you will need to 'drag' the object into the layout.
heynen

Post by heynen »

thank you.

At the moment, I copy the elements to the bottom of the page and then I drag them into the layout grid.

a) Is that the correct way?
b) Could you make it possible in one of the next releases to directly copy elements into the layout grid? I think that would make things easier.

PS.: Thank you for the program. I have almost finished my page, and for me WWB is a great tool. I would not have been able to do the page with HTML programming, and I would not have been able to get the design that I wanted with Wordpress, Webflow etc (those are really too restricted).
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi. Sometimes when having long vertical pages and very little empty space at the right of the page, I just resize the page ex 75% so I get more space to the right where I can paste the copy and drag into layout grid.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

a) Is that the correct way?
Yes
b) Could you make it possible in one of the next releases to directly copy elements into the layout grid? I think that would make things easier.
This functionality is planned for the next version. However this will be a major modification in the core of the workplace so this will take some time before it is ready.
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

I have some common things like this I do and to get around it I place the layout grid then added my elements on it and saved it as a block. So all I do now is drag my block on the page and presto there it all is, then I make any changes I need.

One of my blocks is a complete ecommerce block containing my Mals Ecommerce extensions and its quick and easy just to drag it onto the page make a change and delete any objects I don't require for that site.

Hope this helps in some way

Graham
heynen

Post by heynen »

Thank you Pablo for considering this in the next release!

Thanks to everyone for the helpful hints. I will try to use these as well.
heynen

Post by heynen »

Dear Pablo,

first of all: Great program and thank you for the latest update. I am getting back to my website now, and it is great to work with the latest version.

One question: Is it now possible to paste objects directly into a layout grid?

My problem: I want to find a quick way to insert an object on the top of a layout grid. The object is itself a layout grid (containing text and images). I have the newest version, and at the moment, I seem to need several steps:

a) Paste the object under the layout grid.
b) drag the object into the bottom of the layout grid (I am not able to drag it directly to the top).
c) Drag all the other objects in the layout grid to the bottom of the layout grid, until the newest object is at the top.

Is there a faster way to do it - or will there be a faster way in an upcoming version?

Thank you very much in advance!

Malte
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Is it now possible to paste objects directly into a layout grid?
No, this behavior has not changed. You cannot directly paste elements inside a layout grid because it uses floating layout.
I want to find a quick way to insert an object on the top of a layout grid.
You can use the arrange tools to rearrange objects.

Or drag the layout grid to the top of the page.

Or use the Object Manager.
heynen

Post by heynen »

Thank you!
heynen

Post by heynen »

Additional question: My page is now very long - it 40 elements.
Therefore, it is not possible (or very difficult) to DRAG elements inside the object manager or on the page itself.

Is there a way to place an element exactly in one position (e.g. "between layout grid 16 and 17")? Can this be done by cut and paste for example?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can also quickly move a layout grid up or down with the '+' and '-' key on the numpad.