Various subfolders for gallery thumbnails

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mac13

Various subfolders for gallery thumbnails

Post by mac13 »

Hello,
For over a dozen years I have traveled and made thousands of photos.
With the help of WWB14, I try to create several galleries on several sub-pages using the built-in Photo Gallery, mode: Lighbox Gallery, type: mobiletouchgallery.
The problem is that each gallery will contain several dozen photos from different years, many of them have a repetitive name (eg. IMG_2307.JPG). When creating a gallery, the default thumbnails land in one bag (\images). After adding the next gallery, photos can be overwritten if the name is the same.
Currently, when creating a gallery, they indicate the folder from which the gallery will be created, while the lack of possibility to indicate a folder for thumbnails. For each photo I have to manually specify a folder and a thumbnail, and it is very time-consuming. Imagine that I have to edit every one of a thousand photos, indicating the place and name of the miniature ... Horrible.
How can you do this with a variable in Photo Gallery? Is there any better, faster way?
Pablo

Re: Various subfolders for gallery thumbnails

Post by Pablo »

There is currently no other way than the rename the images and give them unique names.
Or you can use upload the images to separate folders on the server and use absolute links.

In the next version of WWB (planned for after the summer) there will be an option to set a different folder per gallery.
mac13

Post by mac13 »

Pablo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:18 pm (...) In the next version of WWB (planned for after the summer) there will be an option to set a different folder per gallery.
Hello again,
Summer is over, a new version of the software (15.1) has arrived.
Unfortunately, I still can't find an option to set a different folder (with thumbnails) per each gallery separately. Maybe I missed something?...
Regards,
M.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

From the release notes:
- New feature: Added 'Assets Folder' property (context menu). This adds the ability to specify a different output folder per object! For example, set the images folder for one object (gallery) to a different folder. This overrides the global publish settings.

mac13

Post by mac13 »

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. However, I can't call the "Assets folder" context menu shown on the example.
I have inserted "Lightbox gallery", type: "mobiletouch gallery" and the context menu does not work on it. With the "Tools / Asset manager" the image files are allocated to their folders, but after "Publish" they all copy into the "Images" shared folder. What am I doing wrong?http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 63d408db92#
mac13

Post by mac13 »

WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Click the Photo Gallery Object > Right-click the object ID in the Object Manager > Asset Management > click Assets Folder
mac13

Post by mac13 »

Found it (menu)! (Object Manager/LayoutGrid / Photo Gallery -> menu Asset Management)
Thank You!
mac13

Post by mac13 »

After upgrading WWB to version 16, I wanted to update my website to have a new menu and be fully responsive. I copied the old page to another folder, and started the new page in new folder. The images were sorted into various folders, the names of which corresponded to the names of the subpages, because many of images have identical names (they were made over many years). I put build-in gallery, target: Light-box gallery, type: magnificpopup (as in previous version my web-site), next: Asset Manager -> update, and WWB16 during publish copies all my images into \images folder. In Asset manager shows all images in proper asset folder. I tried checking and unchecking an option „Files and folders -> Let WYSIWYG Web Builder manage images (…)”.
What am I doing wrong?

e.g.: https://wasowscy.net/zywiec.html
https:// wasowscy.net/wasowscy.net.wbs

Old version of gallery works fine: https://wasowscy.net/adrspach.html
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think you are mixing two different things. The Asset Manager displays the images where they are stored on your harddisk (LOCAL).
The 'Assets Folder' option in the Object Manager, controls where the images will be published on the server (REMOTE).

If you want to change the location of your local images then uncheck the option 'Let WYSIWYG Web Builder manage images and other files' in Tools ->Options -> Fields & Folders.
Then you can manage the folders of local files files yourself.
mac13

Post by mac13 »

Thank You,
Works.