Search HTML Blocks

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
pacstar

Search HTML Blocks

Post by pacstar »

Pablo,

Is there a way to "find" a phrase in HTML blocks.

For example I have HTML code in a Flex container that has the code for my "Buy Now" button which links to our shopping cart. I need to find the phrase "SC41-170" (which is a product part number) which is in my HTML. I don't know specifically what page that item is on, but if I can search for that phrase, it should take me right to the proper page(s) and now I can make edits to it easily.

Thanks.
Pablo

Re: Search HTML Blocks

Post by Pablo »

You can use Ctrl+F to open the find window.
Or else via the context menu.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

All I'm getting is "WYSIWIG" Web Builder has finished searching the document"

No results.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I meant in the 'Object HTML' window.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Yeah, That wouldn't help. :(

I was hoping to be able to use the find feature to be able to find what page the code is on.

If I open the Object Html window, then I presumably already know the page.

If the Ctrl F <entire web site> option was able to scan Object Html windows, that would work.

I'm looking for a way to find a product using the HTML product code if I don't know the exact page(s) it is on. Or looking for a way to find and change Html I've entered universally.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can use Site HTML to add the code to all pages or else add the code to the master page.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

I think I'm not communicating my question properly. :?

If I select <> HTML from the toolbox, it allows me to insert HTML code block onto a page. Here is an example page:

https://www.pacificcoastcanam.com/k&n-cm-9910.htm

The "Add to Cart" button on that page is created using my shopping carts HTML code which links to my shopping cart. That particular product part number is "KNCM-9910" which is included in my HTML code. (You can view that if you mouse over the button)

So lets say later I want to find what page this item is on since I have 10000 products (and that particular item may be on multiple pages) to do a price change or change a picture?

Is there a way to do a search for "KNCM-9910" and have WYSIWYG find that phrase by searching my HTML in the HTML blocks? IF there is, I can simply say search for "product "X"" and find my items and make changes quickly.

Thank, and sorry for the confusion.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, this is not possible.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:16 pm Sorry, this is not possible.
Pablo,
Is in not possible at all? Or is it just not possible as the program currently is?

If it could be, I'll add it to the WYSIWIG suggestions, but I would like to be able to properly phrase the suggestion. Is it possible for a search feature be created to search within html blocks?

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I meant, there is no way to search for HTML code. Because WWB is not a code editor. The code only exists when you publish or preview the page. Internally, all data is binary.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Here's a very crude way of searching for strings in css, html, php etc.
It might come in useful!

Publish the Entire Web Site - option HTML files only to a local folder.
Using a Windows CMD prompt (or the Windows 10 equivalent)
Navigate to the folder containing the Publish output.
I just do a series of cd.. until I get to the c:\> prompt then cd 'folder' (or to wherever the folder is)
copy *.html+*.php merged.txt (or whichever file types you want to search)
exit
Then open the merged.txt file in a text editor to search.

EDIT:
There are programs that merge text files and write a record containing the filename before each file.
So that should enable you to easily see on which page the string has been found.
I can’t remember the programs at the moment; I might look for them tomorrow.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:41 pm I meant, there is no way to search for HTML code. Because WWB is not a code editor. The code only exists when you publish or preview the page. Internally, all data is binary.
But isn't code technically a bunch of text until you publish it? I'm technically not looking for the code, I'm looking for specific text within the HTML blocks. Hmmm?

Oh well...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

But isn't code technically a bunch of text until you publish it? I'm technically not looking for the code, I'm looking for specific text within the HTML blocks
Yes and No. The answer is still the same....Lets see if this helps. If you view the page code / text and any scripts used, by going to Page HTML in the top window you can visually see the the page source, but you cannot edit it.... why? because it is for visual purposes only, it does not exist, it only exists once published. So if it doesn't exist then there is nothing to search for...
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

I've just realised I already have a program that will do what you want. :oops:
It is SearchMyFiles from http://www.nirsoft.net
I normally use it to search for files but it can also search for text within files.
For each file found it displays on one line the file name, folder etc.

So you just have to do the Publish to local folder (preferably empty) and run SearchMyFiles.
It is portable so doesn't need installing.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/search_my_files.html