Copy and Paste behaving strangely

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
code2

Copy and Paste behaving strangely

Post by code2 »

I have searched the forum but can't seem to find a reference to my issue.

Has anyone had problems with Copying an object (almost any object) to use as a duplicate on the same page and then pasted it and then had strange things happen. For example, not using the paste in place, the object pastes into over the original object and somehow they merge. When you move the highlighted on, they both move.

I have had to oversome the issue buy pasting in another page and then pasting back to the original page.

It could just be me, but since using Web Builder from Version 4, I seemed to have always had one issue or another with Copy and Pasting objects. Although not as bad as is happening lately.

Any advice, tips or tricks welcome, please.
Pablo

Re: Copy and Paste behaving strangely

Post by Pablo »

If you copy/paste objects then they will not be merged.
Maybe you just accidentally selected them both?
code2

Post by code2 »

I thought the same thing.

But even clicking somewhere on the page and then re-clicking the item still had two object gluing together. Even when pasting further down the same page in a blank area the pasted object just went back to another object from the same layout grid cell and glued together.

I’ll just keep pasting to another page and pasting it back. It seems to be a lot safer for me.

I just wondered if some else may have come across the same issue.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have never heard about this behavior before and copy/paste has not been changed recently.
To be able to help you, I need to know the exact steps to reproduce this behavior or a demo project.
code2

Post by code2 »

I’ll see what I can do. I have finished the site design now. But will play around some more to see if I can replicate it.