Paste text without loosing colors.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
PhotonLust

Paste text without loosing colors.

Post by PhotonLust »

OK I am trying to rebuild some decades old forum posts on my website. They are saved in Microsoft word and the text is formatted and colored. But when I copy and paste it over to WYSIWYG 15 It strips the color off but keeps the underlines and text size. I tried searching for help on this via the forum search and found a similar question on another thread where a guy was trying to copy c++ code and the reply stated that "Note that WWB does not remove the colors" but for me that is what is being stripped. Is there a proper way of doing this that I am missing?
Pablo

Re: Paste text without loosing colors.

Post by Pablo »

I do not recommend to copy/paste text direct from Word because it may contain invalid formatting, which may corrupt the layout.
It's always better to do the formatting in WWB,. so you will have 'clean' code.
Note that WWB does not have any logic to remove color or other invalid code. It uses standard Windows functionality to copy/paste the RTF data. So, it will be pasted in "AS IS".
PhotonLust

Post by PhotonLust »

But even when I copy and paste from one text box (with the colors chosen in the web builder) to another in the web builder I am loosing the color?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It seems to work correct for me.
What are the exact steps to procedure this behavior?

Note that copy/paste is standard Windows functionality, so I have little control over how it works.
PhotonLust

Post by PhotonLust »

OK I actually came to make a correction So it appears if I copy then just raw paste (not in a text box) It scraps the colors but If I open a new text box and paste within it works fine.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Correct.