Newby Q3 : background image & overflow in 320 px

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
UncleEti1

Newby Q3 : background image & overflow in 320 px

Post by UncleEti1 »

Good evening or morning,

I have put a nice picture in a 800px view port as a page-background but it's not nice anymore in 320 px viewport. I thought I just had to change the properties-background of the page in 320 px, and I choose a white background but the background picture of the 800 px page is still there, but uncompletely displayed and basically even uselessly funny :shock: in this viewport. (The fact is I have a transparent free space in my page where it can appears). Anything I can do?

Otherwise, I distributed object-texts i.e verses of a song, in the 5 central columns of 5 layoutgrids with 3 colums in a 800px view-port page. Then in 320px I did not want some columns to be visible, so I used the visible/unvisible options in the properties of the layout grids. It displays ok, but do I have to give a value to the "overflow". I decided that yes -since you mentioned it somewhere- and choose "hidden" . Is it ok to do like that ?

Thank you for all this help.
Pablo

Re: Newby Q3 : background image & overflow in 320 px

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
Do you have a demo project?
UncleEti1

Post by UncleEti1 »

Here is a fresh one : :)
I am making progress. Tks

http://www.khenpo.fr/page5.html
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, but the link does not work for me.
UncleEti1

Post by UncleEti1 »

??? It works OK, download, unzips. Anyway, I published it again, mentionning (to any event), "publish all the files". Strange.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I was now able to download the project.
However, the images is not included in the project, so I cannot see what it looks like.

Also, can you please remove all extensions from the project?
UncleEti1

Post by UncleEti1 »

Pablo, I am sorry, I have a server problem, and I am re-downloading of my site.But in between I have decided to stop for now using transparent layout grids and then the background image is not important (thank you for your interest, still). It would be sufficent if you tell me how to take care of all the empty layout grids when you use a 320 px viewport. Those are of course the empty layout grids which roll up and stacking on top of each other. In fact what is the quickest way to make them disappear keeping only layout grids contening an object.

As I mentionned above, I have hard time knowing if I must make invisible in layout grid property window, or if i can use the outflow menu, or both.

Thank you;
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It would be sufficent if you tell me how to take care of all the empty layout grids when you use a 320 px viewport.
If you set the overflow property of the layout to anything but 'none' then the layout is responsive and can be different in each breakpoint.
In that case, the 'breakpoint' property of layout grid will be ignored.

If you are not an advanced user then I recommend to leave the overflow property to 'none' or else study this:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layoutgrid_advanced.html
UncleEti1

Post by UncleEti1 »

I just take care of my site from time to time ; so without thorough training I don't go (advance) very far. Still thank you for paying attention and helping me. I had a brief look at your link.I got a rough idea and I made a layout with different builts according to the breakpoint, but I was at the top of my abilities there, that's true ! Thank you again. ,