Problems with Mega Menu

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Trevor Johnson

Problems with Mega Menu

Post by Trevor Johnson »

I'm having some problems with mega menu.
1) I need a single button for some items (no category or sub-menu, but in hamburger mode my home button for instance doesn't show up at all. There are two more that don't show at all.
2) With simple menus, is there a way to show and bold the button contents (like the categories)? At the moment there is no button content, just the sub items.
3) Again, with simple menu, the first two lines (opposite the quit 'X' in mobile mode) are not interactive.
I have checked the help but I can't find any answers to these questions.
I am using Mega Menu because I can include lots of links in columns and rows, without u sing up lots of width with sub and sub sub-menus like now with ResponsiveMenu, so if this is the way that Mega Menu is, and it's not my fault, can you recommend an alternative method please?
Pablo

Re: Problems with Mega Menu

Post by Pablo »

1. To display a single button, set the menu layout to 'button only'
2. You can use 'columns only' and create only one category.
If you need assistance then please share demo project so I can see all your settings.
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Thank you.
I have changed (2) so that I have a category and one page but it looks a bit naff to have a heading that says 'About us' and then one line to choose that says' About us' and as well, point 1 still applies, the first two lines on the hamburger menu are not interactive. I previously put 2 lines of text there but users might well think that the links are not working.
The test page is at;
thebritishschoollanzarote.com/page1.html
regards.
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Sorry, didn't use the link;

thebritishschoollanzarote.com/page1.html
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

O.k., thanks Pablo,
I've downloaded that and I'm working on it now. Will get back if I get any problems. Hopefully not !
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

No, it still doesn't allow me to have just a button that goes to one page. The best I can do is a button that drops down another button that will have the same text on for the link. Do you have any other suggestions please?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you add one sub link then the extension will display a single button.
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

I found that in hamburger mode, when the Home button is clicked, the sub-menu item comes up, it doesn't go directly to the page as it does in Responsive Menu. But the Mega Menu does allow a mass of links without sub-menus and sub-menus. If I could get the Bootstrap Menu to have what it already has AND be able to click a couple of buttons that go direct to a page in desktop and hamburger versions, that would be perfect.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

A menu that has sub items should not have a links on the main button. The 'click' can do only one thing. It's either a link or open the drop down menu.
Trevor Johnson

Post by Trevor Johnson »

Responsive menu does. See thebritishschoollanzarote.com/page2.html About us and Headteacher go directly to one page, and Events/dates give a drop down menu.
As I said, I really need a menu that does have the option of just a button as well as drop downs like Responsive menu, but the possibility of lots of links in columns like Mega Menu or Bootstrap Menu.
I suppose I'll have to stick with responsive.
Thanks for your help though.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

As mentioned, in the Bootstrap Mega Menu you can display a single button without a sub menu by only adding one link.