HTML object in Layout Grid

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
cmsintent

HTML object in Layout Grid

Post by cmsintent »

Good Day ... I know this is not an issue with the program but hopefully someone can shed some light on this and point me in the right direction.

I am attempting to insert some code using the HTML object.

Code is from a Real-estate website. The embed coding shows pictures of homes for sale and description of the properties.

The coding the Real-estate company gave me works if I put the HTML object on the static page workspace or with a layer.

BUT ... when I put the HTML object into a Layout Grid the pictures still show up but the description text is gone.

Any thoughts?

Examples:

www.cswebsites2.info/test/object-in-grid-layer.html

www.cswebsites2.info/test/object-in-lay ... ating.html

www.cswebsites2.info/test/object-on-workspace.html
crispy68

Re: HTML object in Layout Grid

Post by crispy68 »

All the examples are not equal so not sure on how to answer.

In the last example, you have the <div class=xposure-embed-container"..... in the code once. In the other 2 examples you have it multiple times along with additional code. Not sure if having it more than once can cause a conflict.

Also, do you know if the code for the listings is responsive? Maybe the listing has to use absolute positioning which is why it works in the other 2 and not a layout grid.
pajadt

Post by pajadt »

hi cmsintent

Font is not visible because is size 0 - zero, change size fonts and it be visible.
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

pajadt… THANK YOU … this is exactly the problem … not sure how that happened but when I manually edit the css it works.

And crispy68 … I appreciate your response also and will take a look and what I have done to create the duplication.

Thank you to both!!!
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

pajadt … each time I make an edit to the page I have to manually change that font size from 0 as it gets overwritten … would you know of a way that I can set it up so that when I republish it won't have to manually edit.

Not even sure why that HTML Object insert into a LayoutGrid does that?? It's okay on a layer or just the workspace
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

The font size is set to zero for a layout grid so as to not add any height to the container itself. The height is then determined by the content placed inside.

To solve your issue, simply do the following:

Click on Page --> Page HTML --> click Between <head></head> tags and enter the following:

Code: Select all

<style>
.xposure-embed-container{font-size:12px;}
</style>
Change the font size to whatever you want. Also, make sure the HTML code box is set to: Do not use <div> so that it will be responsive.
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

Thank you crispy68... works perfectly!
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

One more snag … if someone could point me to the answer I would greatly appreciate it.

This code below, when embedded into the body of the page I am building, allows the user to click on the SIGN UP TODAY text and a layer opens with a form for registering. This popup form is supplied by the Real-Estate website and works correctly.

<a href="#" data-xp-agt-id="AGENTINDENTIFIER" id="xp-pcs-launch" >SIGN UP TODAY</a>

BUt … the Real Estate embed instructions indicated I could embed the code into an image so that when the user clicks the image, the popup registration form opens. (just no instructions on how to do this)

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

I have tried various links and events but can't get it to work.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Do this:

1. insert your image, double click to open the properties, click on link tab
2. set the following: Link to = External Web Address, URL = #
3. close the properties
4. right click on the image and choose object HTML in the context menu
5. click the 'inside anchor' tab and enter the following:

Code: Select all

data-xp-agt-id="AGENTINDENTIFIER" id="xp-pcs-launch"
You should see in the generated HTML window above the inserted code just like you have it.
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

crispy68... I think Santa is going to be real good to you!! Your instructions worked PERFECT!

Thank you so much!!
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

Hi Pablo (and maybe crispy68 could respond?)

As noted above crispy68 fix worked real well on this orginal site

https://www.applegathgroup.com/client-services.html

Note that after click the sign up today button/image the popup is over the page responsive menu

= = = =

But I am now attempting to create another site for the same client and in the new project I used the Site Manager > right mouse > Import page from another project ... I updated the header and menu bar.

BUT now .. when the PCS popup window opens after clicking the SIGN UP TODAY button/image the main page responsive menu is over top of the popup ... trying to figure out to have the popup over the menu

https://www.kamloopscommercialrealestat ... vices.html

Thoughts??

Original site was built in WWB15 ... new site is WWB18 Oct 9 build
cmsintent

Post by cmsintent »

HMMM - figured out a "fix"??

I originally had a layergrid I was using for the header section, with 1 cell and layergrid set to page width of 1500px.

I added a text object, an image object and the responsive menu to that cell - each object with the appropiate top/bottom margins.

This layout, the popup was behind the menu?

NEW LAYOUT
I added another layergrid with 1 cell layergrid set to page width 1500px and used this layergrid specifically for the responsive menu object only

Not sure why but now the popup is over the respsonsive menu.

Still open to comments if you feel this is an incorrect fix.

Thanks for all you do!