DNS Block ?

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
DigitalDummy

DNS Block ?

Post by DigitalDummy »

Hi Folks,

I have been using this web builder program for years, because it caters to both web savy, and non web savy folks.

I fit in the later.

I have no experience coding, so I use the program, almost like Corel Draw. I love the program.

Recently, my website has run into an issue.

It seems that the host server is blocking what appears to be dns addresses.

I have been emailing back and forth with the hosting company since Dec 31, and have not resolved the issue.

It seems no one is blocked from my simple website, but me, and my wife.

My office router will not get to my website...says server not found.

My home router has the same issue.

This is with 2 different phones, and 2 different laptops. All with the same results.

If I use a vpn, everything works perfect, either wifi, or cellular.

But turn off vpn and nothing.

I wondering if for some reason it is my website or some virus The hosts tell me it's not their problem, as it works in India !

I have no idea whether it's just the 2 of us, or a thousand and 2 that can't get there.

I have changed the dns address to the google dns, on the phones, and laptops, and everything is fine.

I am so frustrated after a week. Any helpwould be appreciated.

DD
BaconFries

Re: DNS Block ?

Post by BaconFries »

First please note that this is unrelated to the use of the software in anyway at all. Of course you will be able to access your site if you use a vpn, that is the whole purpose of a vpn, they are used to hide / mask your true IP identity and show your are accessing from a different location.

Hosts will put a DNS block in place when they consider the IP address(s) is / are being used maliciously to send / block spam emails.

You can of course use the Google Public DNS service (free) to gain access but this doesn't really resolve your issue. If you are using a free / shared host you may have to consider moving to a paid as many of these free hosts use the same / shared IP for many users which can lead to that IP getting used maliciously as may be this case.