Unable to change Overlay Menu colours

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
oldwebman

Unable to change Overlay Menu colours

Post by oldwebman »

I prefer to have some of the previous versions of Web Builder separate from each other so I can make occasional minor changes to a page in an old website without a major update to the site. Websites that I am currently working on I update. After adding Version 14.2.2 to my computer, I loaded a V12 project and then saved and renamed it into a new Version 14 sub folder (C:\Users\Alan\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder 14). All seems to be OK. However my first task was to add an overlay menu to a page and, although they display correctly on the design screen, the background colours disappear when previewed and the menu reverts to black. Other existing menus are fine. Could the problem be my choice of program system folder?
Pablo

Re: Unable to change Overlay Menu colours

Post by Pablo »

I do not think this is related to the system folder.
Maybe there are other conflicting settings on the page?
Like custom script or third party extensions?

Note that the current version is 14.3.3
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Are you referring to the rectangle with the hamburger icon? If so, that color is changed with the Button option. That got me the first time I used it.
oldwebman

Post by oldwebman »

Thanks Pablo. I copied the overlay menu and pasted it into another page and then it's colours displayed correctly. I will investigate which culprit is causing the problem!
Verdi

Post by Verdi »

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with the Overlay Menu.
It is possible for example to change the button color with the editor, the new color is then visible. But in the browser preview the old color (the default color) is shown. The browser preview shows always the default colors, no way to change any of them.
What's the problem?
Kind regards, Verdi.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you change the color in the default view, not in a breakpoint?
The overlay menu button style is not responsive so it should be set in the default view.
Verdi

Post by Verdi »

Hi Pablo,
I did change the colors in a break point. I need the Overlay Menu only in a break point so I need also to change the colors in the corresponding view. It would be inconvenient to change the state of the Overlay Menu every time before a color change.
Kind regards
Verdi
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I did change the colors in a break point. I need the Overlay Menu only in a break point so I need also to change the colors in the corresponding view.
You will need to change the color in the default view, because otherwise the style will not be applied to the default style sheet.