Possible Mega Menu Issue?

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
bunglebonce

Possible Mega Menu Issue?

Post by bunglebonce »

Hi there,

I am having a problem with the built-in mega menu on Web Builder 14.4.0 32 bit version.

I assumed that if you set the RWD breakpoint property to 480px, then the mega menu hamburger should not appear on larger screens, as it should only be seen when viewing the page on a phone.

If that is right, then, on my system at least, something is not working correctly, as the hamburger appears on an iPad and iPad Pro device.

I have checked the css code generated by Web Builder, and, on my system, the breakpoint is always set to 970px, regardless of what I type in the Mega Menu RWD breakpoint box.

Can anyone else replicate this issue, or is it just me?

Secondly, is there any way to change the background colour of the hamburger to a different colour than that of the full width menu, without having to modify the generated css code manually myself?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Pablo

Re: Possible Mega Menu Issue?

Post by Pablo »

The breakpoint property of the menu determines when the menu will switch to mobile mode.
This breakpoints should also exist in the page, otherwise the nearest (larger) breakpoint will be used.
bunglebonce

Post by bunglebonce »

Oh, I see Pablo, thanks very much for the explanation - all working now.

What about my second question regarding having different background colours for the hamburger and the full width menu?

Is that currently possible (or in the future :mrgreen: )

Thanks again
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, this is currently not possible.
bunglebonce

Post by bunglebonce »

OK Pablo - no problem.

Could I also please ask you to confirm that the hamburger background colour should be the same as that set for the full size mega menu?

I ask as on my system, if I set the background mode to transparent in "Mega Menu - Style Item", the full width mega menu background is transparent, but the background for the hamburger is always set to white.

When checking the css generated for this object, it seems that the background for the id #MegaMenu1-hamburger is indeed set to the hex value for white.

Am I missing something here?

Many thanks for your continued help.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The background color of the hamburger is set by the the Style item background color, but the background mode does not affect this color.
bunglebonce

Post by bunglebonce »

Great Pablo - thanks very much. I understand what is happening now. Cheers!