V15.02: Slide menu blocks overlapping area

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Markus

V15.02: Slide menu blocks overlapping area

Post by Markus »

Hello,

in a private project I use several slide menus and an IFrame, which displays content with HTML links.

The slide menus are very long, so they overlap the IFrame.

The problem is now that I can't click the links inside the IFrame if they are within the overlapping range of the slide menu. It also doesn't work when the slide menu is closed. If it is expanded, it is logical that it does not work, because then the content of the menu is clickable.

In the screenshot you can see the link Zur Navigation under the menu item 3SAT within the IFrame. This link is not clickable, even if the menu is closed.

I've already swapped the Z-order of the menu and the IFrame, but this only reverses the problem. Then there is nothing more selectable in the opened menu, which is in the overlapping range of the IFrame.

Optically everything looks perfect, but unfortunately the slide menu blocks all areas also in collapsed state, which it overlays in the opened state.

Is there any way to change the behavior?

Thank you very much.

Markus
Pablo

Re: V15.02: Slide menu blocks overlapping area

Post by Pablo »

The size Slide Menu's container does not change when you close the panels so it will still overlap the inline frame.
I don't think there is an easy solution to make this work with this menu. It probably requires some custom JavaScript which disable pointer events when it's closed:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... ter-events
Markus

Re: V15.02: Slide menu blocks overlapping area

Post by Markus »

Hello, Pablo,

thanks for the hint with the pointer events.
I have been working on it, but now I found a solution where I don't have to use JavaScript.

I replaced the former SlideMenu with a Shape which works as a button and a CSS menu.
The button toggled the CSS menu on and off. I can set this directly in Shapes properties under "events".

The CSS menu does not block the IFrame content when its hidden.

For this attempt I was frightened at first, because I had to fill a completely new menu with many entries and did not find a copy function in the SlideMenu. But then I noticed that I can simply refer to the SlideMenu in the CSS menu (inherit). Once I have done this, I can remove the inheritance and the inherited content of the menu is now preserved as a concrete instance in the CSS menu. Well done!

Kind Regards,
Markus