Ransomware issue

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Chris_t

Ransomware issue

Post by Chris_t »

I had just decided to try out a Google analytics rival called Hotjar on my site. It required a code to be placed in the head section of each page. I stupidly started to paste this into pages one by one before realising I could paste it in via site html. I removed it from the pages I had done one at a time (at least I believe I removed it from all those pages) and then did it site wide. Upon running a full site publish it got quite a long way into creating the pages and then Malwarebytes removed WB15 completely because of Ransomware. I removed the code from the site wide html setting after reinstalling WB15 and tried again, same problem. After reinstalling again I discovered that if I do a pages open publish it works fine. If I do a full site publish Malwarebytes removed WB15 some way into publishing the site.

The Hotjar thing may be a coincidence or perhaps the code is still on one page somewhere. I have some 300 pages so it would take some time to find that out. Any ideas?
Chris_t

Re: Ransomware issue

Post by Chris_t »

I have just restored a backup of my wbs project file from 6am this morning, well before I pasted in the hotjar code. Doing a full site publish works fine until about three quarters of the way through when it slows down with a few files before Malwarebytes removes WB15 to quarantine, so it's nothing to do with Hotjar after all. Running a Malwarebytes scan on the wbs file itself shows no problem.

I am stumped.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Of course there is no Ransomware in the software.
This is a bug in Malwarebytes.
You will need to contact Malwarebytes to clear this up.
Chris_t

Post by Chris_t »

I'm sorry if you thought that I was inferring that WB15 had a Ransome issue itself. I didn't realise that what I was saying would lead anyone to think that. I was genuinely stumped as to what the problem might be after two other sites could do a full site publish. I started to think that one of my site files might be corrupt in some way. I see from the log that the processing stops at a different point each time so it doesn't seem to be that.

Attempting to explain the issue to malwarebytes sounds like an uphill struggle so I will set malwarebytes to ignore WB15 in future and see if that is a good workaround

Once again, sorry that I seem to have unwittingly upset you.