News Writer on Marquee setting direction help

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
lgmfls

News Writer on Marquee setting direction help

Post by lgmfls »

Hello Pablo and all,

I had to register again because I haven't been active on here in some years, but I've been using the software about 10 years now, off and on whenever I need to build a new website, mostly for myself. Thank you to all who contribute to this board as I lurk often to get valuable information, and have even bought extensions and templates from other members in the past as well.

I think my question today doesn't require a demo, but let me know if it does. I am using the news writer object and have set it to the marquee setting with no issue. When doing so, the marquee goes from right to left in displaying the contents. I would like to have it to go from left to right. So is there some code that could be inserted into the html of the object that would cause it to go from right to left when using the marquee setting?

I have several of the news writer objects on the same page and want some of them to go from left to right and others to go from right to left, when using the marquee function. Please let me know if this is possible, and if so, what is the code to insert, and under which of the html tags for the object.

Thanks sincerely to anyone who can help!
Pablo

Re: News Writer on Marquee setting direction help

Post by Pablo »

The marquee only supports one direction right to left. This cannot be easily changed.
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Thank you for your prompt reply Pablo.

Is there any other object or way to achieve what I'm seeking, whether it be another object or using events, animations or transitions?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you can use the standard Marquee object instead?
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Thanks Pablo,

Before I had a couple of different issues when using the Marquee, and that's why I choose the news writer. I have since figured those out except for one, so maybe you can help; because the marquee does solve the problem of moving from left to right easily.

When I use the marquee, whatever I type inside of it doesn't start all the way to the left or the right, whichever direction you want it to go, and I see no settings to justify left, right, center, etc of the text that you type inside of it. I only see the margin and padding options, which you can then move it some for the starting position.

But then the problem becomes that it doesn't start off with showing the entire phrase as the news writer does, and on continue to scroll, there is a big gap from when the marquee ends to when it starts over again. With the news writer, this doesn't happen as the first item is shown fully from the beginning when using marquee, and then after the last item, the first shows with no gap from the end to the beginning back to the first item. I hope I am making this clear.

My apologies if there is a simple solution and I don't know what it is. But any instructions would be greatly appreciated. I haven't used the software but a couple of times since version 9 I believe, although I have update two or three times since then, but didn't learn all of the new features.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The marquee uses standard HTML functionality, so it works as it works. As far as I know you cannot control the start position of the text.

If you need different behavior then you will have to use a custom script.
Or you can make a suggestion for improvement in the 'Suggestion' sections of this forum.
If more users find this useful then I will consider it for future development.
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Okay thanks Pablo.