Output from different versions

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Bucky108

Output from different versions

Post by Bucky108 »

I was experimenting with some different templates and tried the "coffee time" template from version 15.

Using the browser developer tools (F12), I compared the example on the templates page to the generated output using the template.

Of course, the output is different using different versions, but it seems like the older version handled the text (coffee makes everything better) more accurately in different responsive dimensions. See this example https://www.goldhealer.com/pics.htm

I couldn't get this to work properly in version 18. What am I missing?
Pablo

Re: Output from different versions

Post by Pablo »

This has nothing to do with the version of the software.
There are two versions of the page in the templates, one with and one without breakpoints.
Bucky108

Post by Bucky108 »

Yes I know. I tried it with both versions .. same result.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

The Coffee Time template does not have breakpoints in the template when downloaded. There is 200px gutter width in the grid which is why the text gets scrunched when it gets smaller when you preview it. However, the actual preview demo for that template has a breakpoint at which the gutter changes to 10px which is why the text looks good.
Bucky108

Post by Bucky108 »

OK that does make sense but I redownloaded the template with the break point version and at the 480 breakpoint, it does in fact change the gutter width to 10 but the text box still gets squished.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Which template has the breakpoint? I only saw the one.
Bucky108

Post by Bucky108 »

Its the Coffee Time (coffeetime.wtp) under the Templates 2019/2020 (for WYSIWYG We page Builder 15 and newer)
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

OK that does make sense but I redownloaded the template with the break point version and at the 480 breakpoint,
Yes, that is the same one I downloaded but there is no 480 breakpoint in the template. When I open it, there is only the default view.

Now if you are adding a 480 breakpoint and changing the gutter to 10px, you also need to change the overflow property of the grid to "hidden" so that it is responsive. Currently it is set to 'none' which means changes to gutter, etc. are not changed in breakpoints.
Bucky108

Post by Bucky108 »

you also need to change the overflow property of the grid to "hidden" so that it is responsive
Yes that fixed it.
Thank you!