Slide Menu problem

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Bluesman

Slide Menu problem

Post by Bluesman »

Hi Pablo and crew. Wonder if someone can check this issue in Slide Menu? I have a slide menu as a languge sellector. Works good with Swedish, English and German. But when adding the French link it stops to work and the placeholder expands stangely?
Here is the link to the working website where the language sellector (slide menu) is in the upper right corner. https://www.klipparservice.se
And here is a projectfile containing two masterpages, one with the working menu and the one that doesn't...
https://www.chevere.ec/web_storage/ks_menytest.zip

Tnx for looking :)
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Re: Slide Menu problem

Post by Pablo »

You cannot use the '>' character in menu items. This breaks the HTML structure.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Ok... tnx for the fast answer. Am excited for 19 :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:46 am You cannot use the '>' character in menu items. This breaks the HTML structure.
Hi Pablo... just came back to office and tested the solution. Doesn't work :( Just deleted the > character and tested, but not...
And I'm some confused, it works with the 2 first menu items and after not...?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You will need to change it everywhere. It breaks the HTML. So, you may have luck when it works in some cases, but it's not correct.
Alternatively, you can use

Code: Select all

>
If you need further assistance then please describe the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:32 am You will need to change it everywhere. It breaks the HTML. So, you may have luck when it works in some cases, but it's not correct.
Alternatively, you can use

Code: Select all

>
If you need further assistance then please describe the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
Hi Pablo, sorry to take your time from the 19 event... wonder if you saw the project I downloaded earlier? Now I have simplified so just the 2 headers the old and the new one with 1+ language. I erased the character > from both (all) and doesn't work Se:
https://www.chevere.ec/web_storage/menytest2.zip

I will test your code now, but shouldn't the menu work if I am doing correct?
Trying to insert the code in the objects html before header...? doesn't change...

You can see that the placeholder of the menu aexpands downward after the last menu item is inserted...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have downloaded your project, but it is not clear what I need to do to see the problem.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:59 am I have downloaded your project, but it is not clear what I need to do to see the problem.
The language menu in the upper right corner. The first page it works ok. The second page I have added one language and it stops to work. When adding one link (language) you can even see the placeholder for the Slider Menu is expanding downwards.
Maybe I must tell to click on the flag menu so the dropdown goes down :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This problem is unrelated to the slide menu.

There is an error in the properties of the cookie bubble extension.
Nous utilisons des cookies pour personnaliser votre expérience.<br>Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site Web, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies.
should be
Nous utilisons des cookies pour personnaliser votre expérience.<br>Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site Web, vous acceptez l\'utilisation de cookies.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:34 pm This problem is unrelated to the slide menu.

There is an error in the properties of the cookie bubble extension.
Nous utilisons des cookies pour personnaliser votre expérience.<br>Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site Web, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies.
should be
Nous utilisons des cookies pour personnaliser votre expérience.<br>Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site Web, vous acceptez l\'utilisation de cookies.
I change as you suggest... doesn't work. I try to erase the complete cookie bubble... doesn't work anyway...
Does it work for you?... I will try some other ways then. For me looks like the slide menu doesn't work... :roll:
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Yes, it works for me.

I am sure the error is in the configuration of the extension.
There is nothing wrong with the Slide Menu.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:23 pm Yes, it works for me.

I am sure the error is in the configuration of the extension.
There is nothing wrong with the Slide Menu.
Hi Pablo... tnx for your help... I'm getting some confused. I have tested to make the slider menu as I want it in a new project file only with a layout grid and it works but when adding one link (country) and erasing all extensions etc in the original project it doesn't. I shall start over from scratch and see what happends...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If the menu works with 2 items then it will also work with 3 items. It the same menu, no matter how many items you add.
If you need further assistance, then please share the updated project.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:50 pm If the menu works with 2 items then it will also work with 3 items. It the same menu, no matter how many items you add.
If you need further assistance, then please share the updated project.
Thanks Pablo... I erased the page with error and made a completely new one and checked the function after each component I inserted on the page. Now all works as intended from start, but no clue what was the main error :o
"Make My Day"

See my Website