Layout Grid, Layers or Page Header Footer

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
davidpratthk

Layout Grid, Layers or Page Header Footer

Post by davidpratthk »

So many choices, what would YOU choose?
We always started building the sites using page header and footer then built up from there. Now, looking at the template designs of the last few years and the WWB YT, people are using Layers or Layout Grids in place of the (usual, intended) page header / footer objects. I dont see any articles or comments about why that is happening so, any preferences / advantages, one over another?
crispy68

Re: Layout Grid, Layers or Page Header Footer

Post by crispy68 »

Using a grid as a header gives you the same flexibility as using it normally (responsive, scaling, etc). Objects in a page header are more fixed positioning.
onlye

Post by onlye »

I started with Ver 14. My biggest challenge was figuring out which option/tool to use since there were numerous ways to accomplish something. I settled on Layout Grids for all my site building. It gave me responsiveness and simplicity going forward.

Crispy68 gave me some tips on Layout Grids that were eye-opening and vastly expanded what could be done.

So there is my 2 cents. Use Layout Grids as long as they will fit the bill.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
davidpratthk

Post by davidpratthk »

onlye wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:03 pm I started with Ver 14. My biggest challenge was figuring out which option/tool to use since there were numerous ways to accomplish something. I settled on Layout Grids for all my site building. It gave me responsiveness and simplicity going forward.
My last version used was 14. before there came a need to upgrade. Now,and no doubt with the big upgrade due with WWB 19, there seems a plethora of options. hence the questions.

Your view is most illuminating and welcome.
onlye

Post by onlye »

onlye wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:03 pm My last version used was 14. before there came a need to upgrade. Now,and no doubt with the big upgrade due with WWB 19, there seems a plethora of options. hence the questions.
Your view is most illuminating and welcome.
I don't think v19 will change Layout grids being my primary content container to build with.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
gofrank

Post by gofrank »

I find layout grids to be more than suitable for most sites. Again, it depends on how much flexibility you require. One nice feature of layout grids is you can insert another layout grid inside it. Only one level of insertion is allowed, but you can insert multiple layout grids inside that first level. In some cases, this has allowed me to handle bulleted lists very nicely with regard to flexible layouts and breakpoints.

Lately, I've been working more with flexgrids, and they offer so many more possibilities. If you're willing to spend the time necessary to format them for each breakpoint, the results can be quite impressive.

One of the many strengths WB brings to the table is flexibility. There are so many tools and methods available to achieve the "perfect" site. I've been using WB since version 7, and oh! how far Pablo has taken this software! I know version 19 is just around the corner, and I begin to tremble at the thought of what a future version 20 in 2025(?) will bring.
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.