Pablo's WYSIWYG Web Builder

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
zinc

Pablo's WYSIWYG Web Builder

Post by zinc »

Pablo;

I have just downloaded and tried your latest project and I am going to be honest with you and I think you are better off adding a "User Level" dialog to the start of the regular WWB which can be changed in options to achieve this without reinventing the wheel. It is extra work for you to maintain and the user will have access to full features as and when needed.

Personally I would have liked to see a stand alone E-Commerce version of WWB that takes the ease of WWB and focuses on the ecommerce - Almost like WWB for Shopify

Of course these are my opinions and ultimately the decision is with you.

Z
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Pablo

Re: Pablo's WYSIWYG Web Builder

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for your feedback.

The software is built from the same source code, so it's not extra work to maintain the two versions.
Adding a user level would make it much more complicated, because every command needs to be checked during runtime.

I am not sure if building a dedicated ecommerce software could ever compete with larger platforms.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Pablo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 am Thanks for your feedback.

The software is built from the same source code, so it's not extra work to maintain the two versions.
Adding a user level would make it much more complicated, because every command needs to be checked during runtime.

I am not sure if building a dedicated ecommerce software could ever compete with larger platforms.

In that case it is useful for those who require it

-----------------------------------------

You will not be competing but would be a front end to their software - opening a template and editing it visually.
onlye

Post by onlye »

I just installed it and am giving it a go, but I think it is a great idea! I like the build-by-blocks concept, and it should be a great tool for someone with limited experience in web building. It is a different market from many of us developers on the forum, but it is a great way to expand your base. The more experienced developers here should embrace this as a way to expand WWB and additional revenue for Pablo.

Let me paint a picture of what this tool could do. My wife and I collaborate on technology project management and internet marketing. She's built numerous sites over the years, but the platforms she used have become obsolete. Mastering WWB would require more time than she's willing to invest. However, with its short learning curve, she could swiftly build a new website with blocks or create a prototype for me to enhance. The possibilities are exciting!

Thanks for giving this new idea a try!
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

@onlye
Thanks for your feedback!

It may take some time to find the right balance between functionality and easy of use.
But we have to start somewhere... I am sure there are many things to improve, but the way it is set up now makes it pretty easy to add / remove features, while keeping it in sync with WWB.
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

This is a really nice concept for beginners (but not only), some sort of Wysiwyg Web Builder lite

I love the name Pablo's Web Builder, cool shorter name!

Going to explore it!!!

cheers Pablo! 🥰
Mary

"It was always my belief that rock and roll belonged in the hands of the people, not rock stars" - Patti Smith
onlye

Post by onlye »

I know this is premature, but...
Maybe not sold as a separate product but keep pricing the same and offer a "switch" to choose which version to install/use. Allow a beginner to move to the full package if/when they are ready. But certainly no need to offer at a lower price.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

looks like my suggestion on renaming WYSIWYG web builder to PABLO sounds good :) Pablo 20 is the next Version we can assume. But even before me back in time @jerryco was the one who truly suggested it at first.
Last edited by wwonderfull on Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Now about the pablo's web builder...

Seems very straight forward yes it carries it's main purpose which is drag and drop web building. Positivity in terms of a group of beginners as long as they do not go advance. So in a way it is more like for learning for sure.

Wysiwyg web builders journey started from making the best ever custom designed website built by any web builder in the history of world wide web. The reason WWB was created was because of the ease of advanced styling functionality along with ease of use modularity and it being the best alternatives to the online CMS giants who captured people with their templates.

As now we have the most advanced version I would assume people are learning as the software is upgrading. To do more we need more features that is the reason WWB is still developing new features so it can be utilized for advanced functionalities. Now those who want to use the basic features it is always had been has been and will be "A DRAG AND DROP AWAY" even if they do use the advanced version. I would assume that beginners become advanced very quickly and there is always that need for that extra feature. So in a way WWB is still the basic and advanced choice for many and most users.
@Pablo
This version is aimed at new users (or existing users) that just want to quickly create a website, without the need to have full control over the layout.
It may also be beneficial for newcomers to get familiar with the user interface, before transitioning to the regular version.
As @pablo has mentioned I would for surely add a line on that if may be considered that for users who still make website with layers or absolute layouts it would be the best practice ground and a way to learn Responsive Web Design and then start to understand how responsive design should be adapted although layers are available in the advanced builder in that way users will be indirectly forwarded to learn the curves of responsive web design so they do not face the problem with making non responsive websites and having tons of problems.

I think what @pablo made would be perfect for forwarding people to learn responsive webdesign and if they want to make some advanced ones the the advanced version is always the prime option.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

But then I have a question to @pablo

Would it have not been possible to make some kind of feature like beginner mode directly on WWB software which hides the advanced functionalities and makes the same web builder kind of like going in to Basic-Mode. Meaning like toggling it to make wwb hiding the advanced functionalities and showing the basic block options only. But I assume although may or may not be possible but undoubtedly a lot of work I guess?

It would make one software work in 2 ways.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

@wwonderful
Thanks for your feedback.

A "beginner mode" would make it much more complicated, because every command needs to be checked during runtime.
Adding thousand of checkpoints in the source code (whether a feature should be visible or disabled) could affect the stability of the regular version , so the way it is implemented now was much easier to do.
When doing this at on compiler level, the options / tools are simply not included in the final application.

But I agree that eventually, this may be a better way.
brynj

Post by brynj »

As Pablo has stated he gets asked a lot for a simplified version so on that basis there is presumably a demand for such a thing. The forum is dominated by members who use the existing product commercially and therefore make money from it. They have a completely different outlook on the product. There are always those claiming it should be more expensive or they would pay double, and as they are making money out of it, why wouldn’t they.

I have always thought that there should be two price points for the main product - a lower price which allowed say 1 to 3 websites to be designed, for the personal/amatuer users, who in fairness probably only use a fraction of the softwares features but still want some control, and a higher price point for unlimited websites for those who earn from it. Of course i have no idea if that could be implemented/controlled somehow.

An easy use, ‘entry’ level product at a sensible price point (that is Pablo’s commercial decision) has some value and could potentially lead to upgrades to the full package as people learn and require more control.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Absolutely pablo.

It reminds me of the concept of Quick and Easy Web Builder which also has blocks and even extension support. So if asked what would be the primary difference between Quick and Easy Web Builder vs Pablo's WYSIWYG Web Builder if thought..

Will there be difference or are we going to have something similar.
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

The simple way in my opinion would be having two versions of Wysiwyg Web Builder, the regular one and Wysiwyg Web Builder Lite. Each one with different prices, since the Lite version would have less features, but a powerfull version at the same time. Since the lite version is in the beginning, i dont know what is the next plan to update it with more features. Last but not least, it can be just two different products with different names (and also features), like Wysiwyg Web Builder and Quick 'n Easy Web Builder. I understand Pablo's idea with this version of WWB, since beginners can start with this version and then upgrade to the regular one. What do you think pablo?
Mary

"It was always my belief that rock and roll belonged in the hands of the people, not rock stars" - Patti Smith
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

Hi @Pablo

is there an update for Pablo's WYSIWYG Web Builder? if so, where can i download it?

kind regards
Mary

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is currently no update.
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

Pablo wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:41 pm There is currently no update.
Ok, i like it anyway 💗
Mary

StudentDonald

Post by StudentDonald »

A few thoughts.
Keep the Blocks Program basically the way it is. Add a section/icon in the ribbon that opens to a Block Maker program. This would be for making blocks only and many objects and features that’s in the WB19 could be removed. Maybe like “Easy Mode”. Would not need Preview or Publish either.

When you saved a new block in the Block Maker program a window would open with a option to place the new block in Pablo’s Web Builder ’documents\wysiwyg web builder\system\blocks’ (choose a folder.)

Pricing could be similar to WYSIWYG Web Builder with the special offers.

Please note, these are just SUGGESTIONS, not a demand or set in cement :!:

I agree with Mary, I really like the idea of this program.
Thanks Pablo
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

StudentDonald wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:03 pm A few thoughts.
Keep the Blocks Program basically the way it is. Add a section/icon in the ribbon that opens to a Block Maker program. This would be for making blocks only and many objects and features that’s in the WB19 could be removed. Maybe like “Easy Mode”. Would not need Preview or Publish either.

When you saved a new block in the Block Maker program a window would open with a option to place the new block in Pablo’s Web Builder ’documents\wysiwyg web builder\system\blocks’ (choose a folder.)

Pricing could be similar to WYSIWYG Web Builder with the special offers.

Please note, these are just SUGGESTIONS, not a demand or set in cement :!:

I agree with Mary, I really like the idea of this program.
Thanks Pablo
The Block Maker idea is very interesting! 🙂
Mary

zinc

Post by zinc »

More reason why you don't need this application. If you are good with WWB19 and know your way around it - why would you opt for a "Lighter version"? If it does exactly + more why would you want another program?

If Block making is the thing everyone wants than focus should be on that within WWB19 or even WWB20

My opinion only of course.
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

zinc wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:33 pm More reason why you don't need this application. If you are good with WWB19 and know your way around it - why would you opt for a "Lighter version"? If it does exactly + more why would you want another program?

If Block making is the thing everyone wants than focus should be on that within WWB19 or even WWB20

My opinion only of course.
Hi Zinc

the idea is simply to give newbies an opportunity to build a website the easiest way possible, then if needed, anyone could make an upgrade to the regular version (or buy the regular version instead). I personally love both softwares, but both have different approaches.
Mary

jerryco

Post by jerryco »

I didn't check out the Pablo (Block) Builder (yet), but I think anything that allows for climbing the stairs slowly is better than not having a newbie friendly version at all. Since RWD got too complicated for me I haven't been able to use it because for me the learning curve is too steep. And these days I prefer to hire an expert so I am not limited at all. But as said, it can we very welcome to newcomers to have an easy ride to begin with.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!