Poll #2 of 2

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Rob

Poll #2 of 2

Post by Rob »

How do you deal with your website files on your desktop? Folder management?

For me, I have each client site in a folder, and within that folder, is a WB-Client folder as well as a backup folder where I put a copy of the WB_Client folder as a backup. My entire desktop is then backed up to an external drive on a regular basis. I have autosave off in case I make an edit and it doesn't work and I cannot "undo" it. Simply close without saving and reopen. If the edit works, then I am sure to "save" each time I know it is safe.

Just curious how everyone else keeping working copies of their files safe from un-intended edits or loss?
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
wwonderfull

Re: Poll #2 of 2

Post by wwonderfull »

A folder named Client Projects inside of which are folders which has the name of the client if they have multiple websites and inside that are folders which has domain names and inside that are all the files. The data is also synced on secure cloud drive.
onlye

Post by onlye »

I have a folder for each client. Under that client folder is a Website folder (other standard folders under Client are; Docs, Images, Ads, Video) where I save my projects. I am a bit overboard with how often I "Save As" with a new name. When I complete a project, I probably have saved 20 versions saved.

Standard naming convention: Client-ver-0X for development versions and then Client-pub-0X for published versions.

My Client folders all sync with Dropbox for backup.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Rob wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:00 pm
I have autosave off in case I make an edit and it doesn't work and I cannot "undo" it. Simply close without saving and reopen. If the edit works, then I am sure to "save" each time I know it is safe.
This part I missed to address. That way of saving I do my self too which is much easy. Although I have 3 TB of HDD I can keep copies of any amount but keeping things in one file and updated is what I prefer. Even if I had 1000 clients which is rarely possible then for their 10mb projects files I would need 9.77 GB of storage so my google drive is more than enough for it. Sometimes professionality is when you can solve something just very simply.
johnsmith0251

Post by johnsmith0251 »

After I'm done working on a wwb file, I will rename it with the current date. Then add it to Google Drive in a folder created for each client. when I want to work on it again, I will download from google drive, work on it, update the date, and then re-upload to google drive. I don't keep the files on my computer and I like dating everything to keep better track of the update history.