Not Receiving Email With Form Data

Issues related to forms.
GPK5050

Not Receiving Email With Form Data

Post by GPK5050 »

Hi...

I have a website, with a registration php form, which has been working fine since launching early in 2023. Now, since around November, when a person fills out the form and submits it, I do not receive the email with the form data, but they receive the confirmation email. I have tested it using my Gmail email and nothing! I just upgraded from 17 to 19, but still no email.

I have not made any changes to the settings since the registration page was first launched.

Any suggestions what could be wrong and how to correct it?

Thank you!

Greg Kuritz
Pablo

Re: Not Receiving Email With Form Data

Post by Pablo »

Did you read the information in the FAQ about this?
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=32967

If you need further assistance, then please provide the information from the php error log.
gofrank

Post by gofrank »

I recommend testing with a different -- non-Gmail -- account. I have found Gmail will quietly discard certain emails. They don't even show up in the spam folder.

If you have to use Gmail, be sure to whitelist the address you are sending from. That may help.
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.
GPK5050

Post by GPK5050 »

UPDATE:

I was able to correct my problem with not getting the form data sent to me. I swapped out my Gmail to a newly created email using my domain name, and it worked, I now receive the form data. BUT.... if the customer is using a Gmail email (and maybe others) as their email address, they do not get the confirmation email sent by the auto-responder.

I just tried the form using my work email (non-Gmail) as the send to email, and it worked. So is there something going on with Gmail emails? I know there has been talk of new security being applied to Gmail.

Everything was working perfectly until the end of last year.

Is there anything that can be done on my end to correct this problem with Gmail? I'm really a novice at this, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all!

Greg
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The script that is generated by WWB does not care which email address you use, there is no logic that prevenst you from using any email address.
However, your web host may have a problem when gmail is used as the 'from' address.

Usually, the solution is to use a different 'from' address as documented in the FAQ.
GPK5050

Post by GPK5050 »

Hi....

Thank you for your response.

In the "From email" field in the auto responder box, I have my newly created domain email and not a Gmail. Do "mail engine" settings have anything to do with this?

Thank you.

Greg
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In the "From email" field in the auto responder box,
If that still does not work, then you will have to contact your webhost and then why the email is not sent.
Based on their feedback you can then update your settings.
GPK5050

Post by GPK5050 »

Hi...

Thanks for the quick response. I talked to GoDaddy today for over an hour and then the conclusion was that if I wasn't designing with Wordpress, they could/would not help me!

:x

Greg
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Only the web host knows why the email is not sent. The mail settings are different for each webhost so there are no generic options that always work.,That is why WWB has all these different options.
But first you have to know what is wrong otherwise you can only find out by trial on error...

Perhaps someone else who is reading this and uses GoDaddy knows? Because I am sure not all GoDaddy users use WordPress!
GPK5050

Post by GPK5050 »

Thank you!

I hope someone in "forumland" can help!

Greg
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

Hi GPK5050

sorry to only reply a few months later, but i have the same problem as you (my customer uses Gmail too) and i think i found the solution on the following link:

https://support.google.com/mail/thread/ ... vers?hl=en

i think that there isn't another way, but maybe i'm wrong...

kind regards
Mary
Mary

"It was always my belief that rock and roll belonged in the hands of the people, not rock stars" - Patti Smith
Account-Ability

Post by Account-Ability »

Well unfortunately I have the same problem. Now, none of my WYSIWYG web forms forward data as expected. I think Pablo was right the problem resides on Googles end. See following link:

https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... 9127950-NC

Note: all of my clients use Google for Business G Suite.

If anyone finds a solution that will allow me to continue using the PHP generated WYSIWYG web forms, I am all ears.

Thanks and Regards,
Max
Account-Ability

Post by Account-Ability »

OK I did find a solution, I can embed a google forms in an HTML block and that solves the problem. I am still open if anyone has other options, just out of curiosity ?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

For those users using GoDaddy as there hosting and having issues using Gmail perhaps the following may and I say may be of help..GoDaddy: Activate Gmail for Google Workspace And for GoDaddy to say or to refuse to help solve issues unless you are using Wo*dP*ess I would say that you insist you are helped or move to another host that are only happy to assist you.
Note: the url/link is for information only.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Well unfortunately I have the same problem. Now, none of my WYSIWYG web forms forward data as expected. I think Pablo was right the problem resides on Googles end. See following link:
https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... 9127950-NC
I do not think this is not related.

In most cases, it is the webhost that does not send the emails for some reason.

So, to solve this you will have to figure out why the webhost does not send the emails. For example, it there an issue with the 'from' address? Or maybe it requires SMTP?
Then based on that information fine tune the settings of your form.

See also the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32967