CMS solutions help

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Mary Abigail

CMS solutions help

Post by Mary Abigail »

Hi

my customer once needed the ability to edit pages on his website and i chose CushyCMS for that purpose, but now he needs to also add new pages. I've never tried WWB CMS tools before, but i wanted something easy (for me and for him). is there any easy possible solutions out there? what are your thoughts on that? thank you 🙂
Mary

"It was always my belief that rock and roll belonged in the hands of the people, not rock stars" - Patti Smith
onlye

Re: CMS solutions help

Post by onlye »

I have several customers who edit some of their own pages. I started with PHPJabbers Simple CMS and still have a couple of sites that use it, but newer sites (and migrations) use the Editable Content within Wizzy. I don't have anyone that wants to create new pages. Wizzy is not the best fit for that, and I don't usually cater to those type customers.

How elaborate does your customer want to be with the format and layout of pages they create themselves?
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

Hi onlye

thank you for the quick response. Well... he just wants to create new pages like in WordPress, but the easy way, imagine editable content with the option to addd new pages, as simple as that. I'm thinking about diving into CMS Tools, I don't see any other option, which of course will take up more of my time. As for now i will use CushyCMS and create the new pages myself, until i implement the CMS tools.
Mary

"It was always my belief that rock and roll belonged in the hands of the people, not rock stars" - Patti Smith
onlye

Post by onlye »

You could create some blank pages and add the CMS placeholders to the pages where your client could add their content. The issue would be the menu for the new pages.

Let me know what you discover and how it works out.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

I'll come up with something it's just a matter of a week or so. Thanks for your words 🙂
Mary

Rob

Post by Rob »

Thoughts on letting him purchase and download a copy of WB and hand over a copy of the working file? Or could put that working file on a shared drive in the cloud?

You'll always be a safety net to send a backup if something breaks.

Just a thought.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

Hi Rob, in this case the answer is no (to put it simple). This is not a usual customer (ex: company) it's something quite different.
Mary

wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Abigail, Is the csm you are wanting for blogging or creating pages with gallery images videos and forms or even menus? What does the client hope to create or even edit...
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

wwonderfull wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:24 am Abigail, Is the csm you are wanting for blogging or creating pages with gallery images videos and forms or even menus? What does the client hope to create or even edit...
Hi wwonderfull

my friend (customer) wants to add simple content like text, video links, download links for PDFs, photos, simple things like that. I think I'll go ahead with WWB CMS Tools as the next step (he intends to add new web pages to the website).
Mary