The Days of Internet Explorer

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
wwonderfull

The Days of Internet Explorer

Post by wwonderfull »

I personally liked internet explorer and even used it myself long time ago. Although according to many popular sources the use of the old internet explorer is now exterminated. Still, I get lucky to see or hear some people excited to use a vulnerable security issued browser for top security works. There are many things which the browser does not even support.

Additionally, the browser's heavy reliance on proprietary technologies and its limited support for open web standards further reduced its appeal, as developers and users increasingly favored more standards-compliant and extensible browsers that offered greater flexibility and integration with the evolving web ecosystem.

But still I was thinking if there are people in this forum who themselves or people they know or have clients who use internet explorer and if they do then what would be the reasons.

Comment and let's have a conversation.
KingSparta

Re: The Days of Internet Explorer

Post by KingSparta »

it is still there in Windows 11, if I delete it will Windows still work?
Retired military with Airborne, Air Assault, and Flight Wings. Enjoys model trains, the internet, and ham radio. Located in Fayetteville, NC, USA. Avatar created by AI.
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://CenterCityBBS.Com (Grupo Chat, & Forum)
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

KingSparta wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:21 pm it is still there in Windows 11, if I delete it will Windows still work?
Well now on the latest windows 10 or 11 install Microsoft edge is the default one so deleting older one does not bring it back, but it sure does update it with the latest. There is also an Internet Explorer Mode directly in Microsoft Edge but Microsoft themself recommend not to use it for security reasons. I would still be surprised if people have not updated their browser and still think the older windows or browsers are the safest.

Microsoft has officially retired Internet Explorer. If you try to run it on Windows 10, Edge will launch. Microsoft Edge and Yandex Browser is on my daily use.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can delete it like any other program/app in Windows. See the following from Microsh*t on how to do so. Note this is for reference only and I or the forum cannot be held responsible..
Disable Internet Explorer 11
Disable and enable Internet Explorer on Windows