The built in FTP feature seems to be misplacing the files during publishing...

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
kreemerz

The built in FTP feature seems to be misplacing the files during publishing...

Post by kreemerz »

I seem to be having an issue while uploading my site to SiteGround.

Most hosts expect you to publish the files to the usual remote folder 'public_html'.

It seems that WB keeps putting the files outside that folder or inside a subfolder of that folder.

I have tried the following:
/public_html/
/public_html
public_html/
mysite.com/public_html

Not sure how to specify the correct path for the Remote Folder, so that the files go where they're supposed to. None of those I've tried seem to work.
zinc

Re: The built in FTP feature seems to be misplacing the files during publishing...

Post by zinc »

Your config is wrong.

if you want it in the public_html

Then simply add

\

if you want to place it in a folder

then

\my_folder

You do not need to put the name of public_html
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
kreemerz

Re: The built in FTP feature seems to be misplacing the files during publishing...

Post by kreemerz »

zinc wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:10 pm Your config is wrong.

if you want it in the public_html

Then simply add

\

if you want to place it in a folder

then

\my_folder

You do not need to put the name of public_html
Nope. That doesn't seem to matter. It just places the files all outside of the public_html folder. it seems to ignore that folder. When simply using the forward slash.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Publish to a local folder and then use FileZilla to upload it. For me, much simpler because FileZilla is visual, so you can see where the files end up.

Alan
kreemerz

Post by kreemerz »

alan_sh wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:48 pm Publish to a local folder and then use FileZilla to upload it. For me, much simpler because FileZilla is visual, so you can see where the files end up.

Alan
I suppose I could do that. But then doesn't that defeat the purpose of WB having its built in FTP? Plus, every time I do an update, I would not necessarily know which files were updated and needed to even be published again. Would seem like we're regressing rather than advancing forward with this application.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

The third party FTP functionality has recently been changed which is probably the reason for this.
Pablo has implemented a workaround in the latest version of wwb (June 10 2022).
kreemerz

Post by kreemerz »

WWBman wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:54 pm The third party FTP functionality has recently been changed which is probably the reason for this.
A little unclear...

So a workaround is coming in the next release of wwb? or has there been an updated version since June 10?
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Just install the latest version from https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

A workaround has already been applied. This is also known as a "HotFix" this is where a issue is reported and "Fixed" it can be downloaded at the following url even although the date is the same (10th of June) and you may already have this you will still need to download.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
Pablo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:25 pm Besides regular updates, there are also hotfixes. Usually a hotfix is released a few hours after someone has reported a problem (as an extra service), so they do not have to wait until the next update before this issue get fixed.
Hotfixes do not include a version number increase because this would take a lot of extra time. And the idea of an hotfix is to get an update out as quickly as possible.
zinc

Post by zinc »

kreemerz wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:02 pm
WWBman wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:54 pm The third party FTP functionality has recently been changed which is probably the reason for this.
A little unclear...

So a workaround is coming in the next release of wwb? or has there been an updated version since June 10?
Not that I had any issues with this but:

06/10/2022 - Version 17.3.x (hot-fix)
- Improved: Publish tool no longer changes current folder on the server. This prevents creating extra folders on some web servers.
kreemerz

Post by kreemerz »

WWBman wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 pm Just install the latest version from https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
Gonna do that. WAs a little confusing because I just updated it a week or so ago.
BaconFries wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:11 pm A workaround has already been applied. This is also known as a "HotFix" this is where a issue is reported and "Fixed" it can be downloaded at the following url even although the date is the same (10th of June) and you may already have this you will still need to download.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
Pablo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:25 pm Besides regular updates, there are also hotfixes. Usually a hotfix is released a few hours after someone has reported a problem (as an extra service), so they do not have to wait until the next update before this issue get fixed.
Hotfixes do not include a version number increase because this would take a lot of extra time. And the idea of an hotfix is to get an update out as quickly as possible.
Heading over there right now. Thanks
zinc wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:18 pm
kreemerz wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:02 pm
A little unclear...

Not that I had any issues with this but:

06/10/2022 - Version 17.3.x (hot-fix)
- Improved: Publish tool no longer changes current folder on the server. This prevents creating extra folders on some web servers.
Ah, thanks for that clarification.
kreemerz

Post by kreemerz »

So when I get the update, what should I put in the remote folder field?

/public_html or just / or just public_html
zinc

Post by zinc »

Try just /
otherwise try the other two options
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

kreemerz wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:30 pm So when I get the update, what should I put in the remote folder field?

/public_html or just / or just public_html
Put whatever you used before this issue arose.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I doubt that this is related to the update.
I think there is a configuration issue.

The folder that you will need to enter in the 'remote folder' field, depends on root of the FTP account. This is different for every host and may even be different for different users.
The 'remote folder' value should be relative to the root folder.

If you login, and the server puts you in the 'public_html' folder then there is no need to configure a remote folder.
Or you can use a single dot:
or
/