Modal layer not showing up on top

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ptlycldy

Modal layer not showing up on top

Post by ptlycldy »

I created a modal layer to be on top of the index page and it works as expected in preview. But when I post it, the modal layer is the bottom layer, below the master frame and the index.html page. I looked at the html listing for the index page and the modal layer object has the largest number, 20, but the two images that are on the layer are listed with a z-index of 0 & 1, and the button I added has a z-index of 3. I looked at the master frame z-index and it starts as 0 with contents increasing from there.

I couldn't figure out how to change the z-index in WWB, but I tried using a text editor on the published index.html and made the layer 997, the two images 998 and 999, and the button 1000. But it didn't appear to move the modal layer section to the front. Is there something that is in the .css file I should be working with as well?

I've searched this forum, but could not search on "z-index" It would only let me search on index, which wasn't helpful. I know others have had this problem, but I couldn't find solutions. Is there a tutorial on using or modifying the z-index?

Can someone point me in the right direction on bringing the modal layer to the top of the page?

Thanks
Ptlycldy
crispy68

Re: Modal layer not showing up on top

Post by crispy68 »

First, if it works in preview but not when you've published it, then it usually means you did not upload all the necessary/changed files to your server. The same files are generated for both. To start, it would be helpful if you would provide a link to the page so we can see what you are seeing. The best option is to provide a copy of your project file (.wbs) for us to download and take a look at. With all of the settings within WB, we need to see how you have things set up otherwise we may be just guessing.
ptlycldy

Re: Modal layer not showing up on top

Post by ptlycldy »

Thanks Crispy--

That was the problem, and thanks for the major tip about if it previews but doesn't work at the host, you are missing a file or two. Found the file. I was only uploading the files that had today's date/time on it.

Again, thanks for all you do.

Ptlycldy