Next version

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
KaiMartinsen

Next version

Post by KaiMartinsen »

Hi, Pablo.

I guess that you're working hard on the new version: WWB 19 8)

Just curious...
Do you have any estimate on when it is to be released? :)

If not an exact date, what about month?

I am very excited for what you will bring to us! :D
onlye

Re: Next version

Post by onlye »

Not trying to speak for Pablo, but usually a 14 to 17-month time between releases. 18 came out in November so as much as we anticipate the next release, we probably have several months before getting too excited. Heck, I'm still going, wait, there was something new that will do that, back to 16.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

There is no release date or an estimate, no teasers yet!. WB 18 was only released last November the 8th 2023 and is still being updated along the way. If you take when WB 17 was released on Mon Sep 27, 2021 and WB18 on Tue Nov 08, 2022 there was roughly 14 months between them. As always you will just need to be patient it will be ready when it is ready as will any teasers.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

onlye and BaconFries are both correct.

Also note that WB18 is still under development, so more updates are coming for this version.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Pablo wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:56 am onlye and BaconFries are both correct.

Also note that WB17.
Pardons, WWB 18 : )
wb_user

Post by wb_user »

Spoiler alert : I think one of good New features of wb19 , is supporting the variable fonts. :wink:
brynj

Post by brynj »

I am not always in a position to upgrade at the time of a new release. I could upgrade now from v17 but seems pointless for what could be only a few months, as other than being happy to support the product, there is little in v18 I am desperate for.

Usually anyone buying the current version within 90 days gets the next version included.

So I guess my question is, will we be given that advance warning prior to v19 release date (at which time I would happily pay for v18), or will it be best to just wait now for v19 to be released ?
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

As far as I know (and I've only been using WWB since V14), we do not get advance notice - however, recently we have been getting previews of new features - and generally, that is within 90 days.

Alan
brynj

Post by brynj »

alan_sh wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:24 am As far as I know (and I've only been using WWB since V14), we do not get advance notice - however, recently we have been getting previews of new features - and generally, that is within 90 days.

Alan
So does that mean you will pay for v19 for me Alan, if that's not the case :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Software development takes a lot of time so WWB19 will not be ready within 90 days.
The current version is just 7 months old and still under development.
onlye

Post by onlye »

Pablo wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:22 am Software development takes a lot of time so WWB19 will not be ready within 90 days.
The current version is just 7 months old and still under development.
Thanks for the continued development of 18. You really set a high bar for software companies with your frequent updates that include fixes as well as new features. And the support is better than any company I do business with.
Last edited by onlye on Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

brynj wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:49 am
alan_sh wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:24 am As far as I know (and I've only been using WWB since V14), we do not get advance notice - however, recently we have been getting previews of new features - and generally, that is within 90 days.

Alan
So does that mean you will pay for v19 for me Alan, if that's not the case :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
If it's OK with you, I'll pass on that offer :D
zinc

Post by zinc »

Perhaps Pablo could bring a "Chargable" .5 version - so version 18.5 which would be a paid upgrade, this way you get new features and he makes some money and not just offer new features for free. He did have this at some point if I am not mistaken but cannot remember if it was FREE or PAID - I would happily pay for it personally.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
brynj

Post by brynj »

zinc wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:07 am Perhaps Pablo could bring a "Chargable" .5 version - so version 18.5 which would be a paid upgrade, this way you get new features and he makes some money and not just offer new features for free. He did have this at some point if I am not mistaken but cannot remember if it was FREE or PAID - I would happily pay for it personally.
I'm sure Pablo would be happy to take voluntary donations if you would like to pay more regularly :)
zinc

Post by zinc »

brynj wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:33 am
zinc wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:07 am Perhaps Pablo could bring a "Chargable" .5 version - so version 18.5 which would be a paid upgrade, this way you get new features and he makes some money and not just offer new features for free. He did have this at some point if I am not mistaken but cannot remember if it was FREE or PAID - I would happily pay for it personally.
I'm sure Pablo would be happy to take voluntary donations if you would like to pay more regularly :)
voluntary donations are not always the incentive to make a purchase. This way new features arrive quicker and gives the users the "Incentive" to buy. This has nothing to do with donation.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
brynj

Post by brynj »

voluntary donations are not always the incentive to make a purchase. This way new features arrive quicker and gives the users the "Incentive" to buy. This has nothing to do with donation.
I'm not sure more regular paid versions would be the right way to go - people expect a reasonable life from a paid product.

I can understand people like yourself who are using the product commercially, and gaining an income from it, may be more inclined to pay more regularly.

Anyway I think we are getting off the track :)
brynj

Post by brynj »

onlye

Post by onlye »

Anyway, I think we are getting off the track :)
Agreed
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA