How do you adjust the layer size in a Layer Menu?

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
ptlycldy

How do you adjust the layer size in a Layer Menu?

Post by ptlycldy »

According to the help menu for the Layer Menu, I should be able to set the layer size that appears when you click on a menu button to be full screen. However, the layer does not seem to be able to be resized beyond the left edge of the button. That is the right most menu button layer, when the button is clicked will extend to the right side of the screen or container the menu is in, BUT THE LEFT EDGE of the layer will be limited to the left edge of the button, resulting in a very narrow layer, compared to the left most button, that will have a full screen layer.

I know I have just not clicked on or changed a setting, but I don't seem to be able find the setting or to make it work. I have had the "layer alignment" in both the "container width" mode and the "full width" mode but to no effect. I've dragged the small sizing squares to the right with no problem, but I cannot drag the left side of the layer past the left edge of it's button.

What am I doing wrong? This menu, if I could get full sized layers, would be a great tool: "Do you want this?" , click, and down drops the answer. But a skinny answer for the right most question is not so good.

PtlyCldy
ptlycldy

Re: How do you adjust the layer size in a Layer Menu?

Post by ptlycldy »

Disregard the above--- I figured it out. You set the Layer Menu to center in page; you don't worry about the left edge of the layer--just extend the right edge of the layer big enough to receive your object (text, image, both, etc). Set the "Layer Alignment" to be full width. And when you set the layer up, right click on it and selected center on page . Unclick the box, "Use click instead of hover...."

Don't worry about things happening on the development screen, it will be correct when you preview or publish.

(Did I leave anything out, guys?)

Thanks all for your previous help.

PtlyCldy