Publishing et al - out of memory report

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
davidpratthk

Publishing et al - out of memory report

Post by davidpratthk »

This is a link to my project file https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah9dyXWdZcVRkEAXax9 ... i?e=te8Qjz

Problem relates to the Master Page S and the S-XXXX pages

I am having a problem with text positioning through a master page setup. The text will not sit at the top of the screen level with the image but looks perfect in the builder. This happens above the 480 break point in preview but at or below I have a perfect result. I feel it has something to do with the image ( not available at 480 and below ) but I cant figure that out.

The preview also would not show up either the YouTube content, on non TEXT pages even using Plyr and installing an image onto the player to find where it was sitting. It is just a blank space.

I thought I would check it from a web hosting platform but it will not publish with an Out of Memory error message. We are running a 10th gen i3 with 16Gb ram so we have no problems on the machine. The error has come up before but I do not remember how.

So, why the OOM message and whats with the text and player issue?

Thanks in advance.
jerryco

Re: Publishing et al - out of memory report

Post by jerryco »

Not an expert but I think i3 is one of the slower processors. I have a laptop now of i5 and used to have i7.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
davidpratthk

Post by davidpratthk »

jerryco wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:18 pm Not an expert but I think i3 is one of the slower processors. I have a laptop now of i5 and used to have i7.

Fast enough for doing this. I am not trying to recreate bomb explosions, just manipulating text. In any case a CPU has no effect on a memory issue. 16 Gb is more than enough.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Are you using the 64-bit version of WWB?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

As jerryco reply are you using the 64bit or the 32bit? If you are using the 32bit then it is limited to only 2gb of memory (even though you have 16gb) so if you have lot of scripts, large images running or other applications then this will effect the publishing or how it displays in preview and will cause a oom.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you copy/paste the text from another source (like Word or another editor)? The text has invalid formatting which is incompatible with HTML.

To quickest way to solve this:
- copy/paste the text to notepad, this will remove all invalid formatting
- insert a new text object in WWB
- copy/paste the text from notepad to the new text object.
- redo all formatting in WWB.

Also, your breakpoint setup is incorrect. The default view should be the widest view.
See the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?t=63817

Also, the master frame is not correctly setup. if you want to use a content place holder in flexible layout then it should be floating.
See "How to use Master Frames with Layout grids?" in the tutorial:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_frame.html
davidpratthk

Post by davidpratthk »

jerryco wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:27 pm Are you using the 64-bit version of WWB?
yes
davidpratthk

Post by davidpratthk »

Pablo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:54 pm Did you copy/paste the text from another source (like Word or another editor)? The text has invalid formatting which is incompatible with HTML.

To quickest way to solve this:
- copy/paste the text to notepad, this will remove all invalid formatting
- insert a new text object in WWB
- copy/paste the text from notepad to the new text object.
- redo all formatting in WWB.

Also, your breakpoint setup is incorrect. The default view should be the widest view.

Also, the master frame is not correctly setup. if you want to use a content place holder in flexible layout then it should be floating.
1) Text is from your generated Lorem Ipsum generator. So how to get around your invalid formatting if I want you use your feature? Never had to use notepad or had a problem with formatted text before.
2) Where do you change the global default setting? Doing it in Options has no effect. I see knowhere else? Also been using WWB a long time so this is the first I ever heard this requirement. However ...............
3) Noted on the floating point. Have not seen it in the notes.
davidpratthk

Post by davidpratthk »

Further More
Putting the Content Place Holder Into FLOATING

The goddam thing will now NOT place itself in the layout grid. I even changed it to flexbox whiich is normally a cure all but ... NO. It will only position in Expand.

Also, will all this cure the Out of Memory issue?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You are using it the wrong way.
Please see the master frame demo how to do with correctly.

Also, try to do one thing at a time. If something some not wok for, then create a simple demo just for that topic. That will make it much easier to help you and you will have a solution more quickly.
The current project you have shared has to many pages and content. It will take me hours to go through all your settings to figure out what you have done.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
Also, will all this cure the Out of Memory issue?
This is caused by the invalid formatting in the text.

And I am not sure why you are using a flexbox for a single text box? A layout grid would be better. You are only making it more difficult for yourself this way.
davidpratthk

Post by davidpratthk »

Thanks for the reply it is well taken. I will take more time in ensuring HTML is in place. It has not beeen something on my radar before.

And I am not sure why you are using a flexbox for a single text box? A layout grid would be better. You are only making it more difficult for yourself this way.
I think you misunderstood this. I used it only after the event to see if it fixed the issue. Also please note that my enquiry is only about ( basically ) 3 pages. Much of the content you see will be fixed by solving the original issue.

1) why is the CPH not able to be placed when floating is selected and the fact that taking away the image at 480 & below, solves the text placement ( expand selected )?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

A content place holder cannot be placed inside a layout grid. It's a 'place holder', not an HTML element.
When you publish the website, the place holder will be replaced with the HTML of the content pages.

The correct way to use the content place holder in flexible layout is demonstrated in the tutorial.