Contractor needed for first project

Need assistance with your WYSIWYG Web Builder project? Look no further!
In this forum section, you can get into contact with skilled professionals ready to lend their expertise for hire.
Forum rules
Need assistance with your WYSIWYG Web Builder project? Look no further!
In this forum section, you can get into contact with skilled professionals ready to lend their expertise for hire.
Hexsol

Contractor needed for first project

Post by Hexsol »

Hi,
We are looking at using WYSIWYGWebBuilder in the future but have an immediate requirement for a small survey site and are looking to contract this work out.

The site is a simple survey site, with only 5 pages in total, Sign in, Welcome, Instructions, Survey Questions, Thank you.
Questions and answers are stored in MySQL and it has to be SSL compatible.

We are confident that WYSIWYGWebBuilder is capable for this but we do not have sufficient time to learn how for this project.
If you are interested, please get in touch and I can forward a full specification.

Thanks,

Mark
Bluesman

Re: Contractor needed for first project

Post by Bluesman »

Hexsol wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:18 pm Hi,
We are looking at using WYSIWYGWebBuilder in the future but have an immediate requirement for a small survey site and are looking to contract this work out.

The site is a simple survey site, with only 5 pages in total, Sign in, Welcome, Instructions, Survey Questions, Thank you.

We are confident that WYSIWYGWebBuilder is capable for this but we do not have sufficient time to learn how for this project.
If you are interested, please get in touch and I can forward a full specification.

Thanks,

Mark
Hi Hexsol, have no way to contact you... so you can give me a message from the contact form on https://www.chevere.ec
"Make My Day"

See my Website
wixily

Post by wixily »

Hexsol wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:18 pm Hi,

Thanks,

Mark
Hey Hexsol
I am equally available for this contract. You can check my signature for my contacts
Rob

Post by Rob »

We need to have a thread (pinned to top) dedicated to listing the pros on here available for work or help and what their area of expertise is.

Thoughts?
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Good idea!
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Rob wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:27 pm We need to have a thread (pinned to top) dedicated to listing the pros on here available for work or help and what their area of expertise is.

Thoughts?
Good idea :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

@Hexsol ...

If you are just interested in creating a survey, then maybe Mailchimp would suit your needs. No need for a website, hosting provider, etc.

See:https://mailchimp.com/
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

MGD4me wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:11 pm @Hexsol ...

If you are just interested in creating a survey, then maybe Mailchimp would suit your needs. No need for a website, hosting provider, etc.

See:https://mailchimp.com/
That is the requirement more than the need I think. Nevertheless even Google has survey forms too.
Rob

Post by Rob »

jerryco wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:25 pm What about pinning a topic in https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17?
Perfect solution - Pablo or BF? Who needs to initiate the post and would be responsible for keeping it up to date?
The Website Guy - MN
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

If Pablo would simply invite people to respond to the thread (without any kind of guarantee ofcoarse) the offerings could simply be a reply.

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think it could be handy to create a dedicated section for this.
Any suggestions how to name this section?
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Perhaps:

Classifieds for help with your custom website
You can hire (external) designers listed here if you want a custom made design

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

or maybe:

Professionals for hire
Get help with your Wysiwyg Web Builder project
"Make My Day"

See my Website
wixily

Post by wixily »

Bluesman wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:50 pm or maybe:

Professionals for hire
I am in support of @Bluesman "Professionals for hire"
But @Pablo should ensure that criteria are set for who should be Wysiwyg web builder professional.
Rob

Post by Rob »

wixily wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 pm
Bluesman wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:50 pm or maybe:

Professionals for hire
I am in support of @Bluesman "Professionals for hire"
But @Pablo should ensure that criteria are set for who should be Wysiwyg web builder professional.
Agreed. And to be clear, I'd like to be considered for a listing. #HaloEmoji :D
The Website Guy - MN
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Let me know what you think:
viewforum.php?f=126
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

It's clear, I think it's best if people decide by themselves if they trust an offering. An older account I think could be an indication of professionalism with the software. Account age is visible for everyone.

crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Looks good. My only observation is if everyone can add there info could it get a bit messy especially if others add comments? Would it be cleaner to do something like the Extension List where we have a nice list of names and contact info and only certain people can edit it to keep it neat and tidy? just a thought.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

I think adding comments to a programmer's thread does not make things messy. Maybe it would be good to set a one thread per programmer rule because otherwise it could become a zoo.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I am with crispy68 on this. I can see maybe one issue and that is posts getting made offering services from non users of the software ie WordPress etc. Perhaps it could be added in the description that posts offering services that it is for WWB (licenced) only. Just my thoughts.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

I think it is good that everyone who wants the opportunity to get customers through this forum should be able to participate. You write a short presentation and what specialties you have.
A link to your portfolio or website so you can see and decide if it fits your needs. It is very important not to exclude anyone because then there will be negative vibes.
Of course it's only for Wysiwyg Website Builders :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Rob

Post by Rob »

It was my thought process to have something like the extensions list. I am not sure who has access to update it and how that is done, but that was what I had in mind. If anyone can just add a post, it can get out of hand quickly. Someone should be in charge of vetting the list and be the point of contact to have a name added etc. Not to make that persons life difficult.

Thank you Pablo and BF for being open to the idea.

Perhaps a simple link to our profile would be enough (manually added by the moderator) and then expand what info is available to add to the profile if needed. Services etc.
The Website Guy - MN
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

I think it is better when someone comes in trouble and those who always help people most and are active they are the ones who get the contracts mostly I think. If they fail to do so then the clients might again post on the same thread seeking for more professional help if needed.

I was experimenting with phpbb forum as I know how it operates. We can do it like this. For example. In the group management settings I created a group named Developers. We can name it to WYSIWYG WEB DEVELOPERS

When we have done that we also have option to show that group on LEGEND that means any registered users can see it clearly and quickly just click to see who are the members who recon themselves as builders.

Now after that when we click on the Developers from Legend then we come here where all the memebers can apply as a wysiwyg web builder developer. The moderators or admin can confirm if they request that they want to be recognized or registered as wysiwyg web developers or can make sites based on wysiwyg

The members will update their profiles use their BIO to introduce their skills in an organized way without spamming any thread which shows latest or last but all will be equal of contact and they can also check how much ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ they have meaning how active they are in forum or how many problems they have solved and how much help they contribute by just looking at their profile information and can hire them by contacting directly from their bio information if needed. That gives more anonymous reasons to the clients and makes it more respectively concealing for a deal to get done in a way where no one has to compete but it would be a beacon of opportunity given my the clients themselves and if they want they can also use the section @pablo has created to publicly call for anyone and everyone whom the client can get in contact with.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

As I wrote before... If this section shall be inside the Wysiwyg Web Builder forum it must be totally neutral and open for each and everyone to join as long as they are members of the forum. Keep it as simple as possible, just your name (alias) and a way to contact (email). A short description of your specialties and a link to your portfolio.
Otherwise I think it is better to create a forum outside this support forum that Pablo manage with great skill and neutrality.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I am with Bluesman on this let's keep it simple. Keep it open for all registered users only. Just because you have a high star rating doesn't necessarily mean you are a great developer it simply means you are a frequent poster in the forum. A registered user could have two stars but could be a first class developer so to rule someone out because of this is unfair.

Now this is just a suggestion but it would be good to have it similar to the Extension Index rather than the type of extensions
ie Audio, Gallery it uses location ie UK, USA, AUS and so this way when someone (the client) knows where you are located and can decide to either go with the developer closest to them. Why this well one is time difference this makes it easier to contact each other instead of having to wait for replies. As always it's just a suggestion nothing more nothing less.
Rob

Post by Rob »

BaconFries wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm I am with Bluesman on this let's keep it simple. Keep it open for all registered users only. Just because you have a high star rating doesn't necessarily mean you are a great developer it simply means you are a frequent poster in the forum. A registered user could have two stars but could be a first class developer so to rule someone out because of this is unfair.

Now this is just a suggestion but it would be good to have it similar to the Extension Index rather than the type of extensions
ie Audio, Gallery it uses location ie UK, USA, AUS and so this way when someone (the client) knows where you are located and can decide to either go with the developer closest to them. Why this well one is time difference this makes it easier to contact each other instead of having to wait for replies. As always it's just a suggestion nothing more nothing less.
BF - This is exactly what I had in mind when I made the suggestion. The only question is who maintains in and how does one get added?
The Website Guy - MN
lummis

Post by lummis »

May I start by saying that I am unlikely to add my name to the list so, speaking as someone without a vested interest, can I suggest the following:

Pablo has already set up a sub forum page "Professional for Hire" - I believe this should either have a disclaimer added to the heading, or by way of a Sticky as the first post. The disclaimer should be on the lines that Pablo/WWB does not accept any liability for the work undertaken and the anyone using the service should undertake their own due diligence.

Anyone wanting to add their name to the list would be free to do so, adding a contact link which would take the enquirer to a page containing details of what they are offering i.e. an advertisement for their services.

The one unanswered question is if someone is abusing the system, how will this be dealt with? Perhaps this is when Pablo or a moderator will need to step in.

Brian