Slide Show Carousel and Text Field

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Starb7

Slide Show Carousel and Text Field

Post by Starb7 »

Hi

A two part query. I have uploaded this text page to help explain https://www.supake.co.uk/carouseltest/carousel.html

It is a simplie Slider using the Caroucel which works exactly as required but... I know you can't display the image Titles but it can show a Caption which I have selected however, the caption shown is always the first image name. Should this caption change as the image moves (for first/centre/last?) as they scroll by? Is there a way to get this to show a caption other than the first one other than adding a text object?

That brings me on to part 2. I can add a text object but I want to make it italic, no probs with that and then make the first word Bold. If I do that, the style is lost. The 2nd line is just a copy & paste then edited to make T-Shirts bold and then the italic is lost when published (shows as italic in the editor). Why is it losing the italic style? It is not set as 'responsive text' and I have tried a few combos.

TIA
Paul
Pablo

Re: Slide Show Carousel and Text Field

Post by Pablo »

Titles are only used by the standard (default) slideshow, all other (third party) scrips do not support this.
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

Understood - thanks.

What abouty the second part? Why does th estyle get lost when making one word bold?

TIA
Paul
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you need further assistance, then please share a DEMO project.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

That brings me on to part 2. I can add a text object but I want to make it italic, no probs with that and then make the first word Bold. If I do that, the style is lost.
The style applies to all the text itself, but if you then make one word in this case "bold" then the style is no longer applied to that one word, so you will need to apply a style to it alone.
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

I see. Thd confusing part was that bold is a style and that applies OK, just the italic bit fails. No matter, can create a style for it. Cheers