Question about CMS and Editable Content

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Mary Abigail

Question about CMS and Editable Content

Post by Mary Abigail »

Hi all

i need some help and opinions as well:

what's the best way for a customer to be able to edit a site (ex: adding text, pictures, videos and downloads)?
CMS or Editable Content?

which one is the easiest to implement? are they going to cause issues with responsive websites (using layout grids, etc..)?

my customer needs an easy way to simply add content to existing pages regularly

thank you so much
kind regards 🙂
Last edited by Mary Abigail on Mon May 13, 2024 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary

"It was always my belief that rock and roll belonged in the hands of the people, not rock stars" - Patti Smith
Pablo

Re: Question about CMS and Editable Content

Post by Pablo »

I think "Editable Content" is the easiest to set up.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/editable_content.html
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

Pablo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:02 am I think "Editable Content" is the easiest to set up.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/editable_content.html
Hi Pablo

i think that's the way i'll go!

thank you! 😃
Mary

"It was always my belief that rock and roll belonged in the hands of the people, not rock stars" - Patti Smith
onlye

Post by onlye »

One of my niche customer markets needs the ability to update several sections of their pages on a regular basis. I use Editable content and it works great. Before Pablo implemented Editable content, I used the Simple CMS from PHPJabbers, which worked fine, but I migrated those to the standard Wizzy tool.

I work with customers who need to make updated reports and documents available to the public. I use the file upload for this. If a single file is updated, I create a link, and the customer uploads the same file name to the server as updated. If there are multiple files, such as training documents, I use the Bootstrap File Listing to display them. If you set up multiple file uploads to different folders on the server, you can easily control the files displayed by the File Listing.

You can also use a combination of the Data Tables for presentation with the CRUD tools on an admin page.

Create an Admin page for customers with the Editable Content, File Uploads, CRUD, and Calendar Admin.

Wizzy has some great tools to allow your customers to update their sites. And I use some of the same tools for sites that I maintain for customers, allowing me to make online updates and not have to open Wizzy.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Mary Abigail

Post by Mary Abigail »

onlye wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:14 pm One of my niche customer markets needs the ability to update several sections of their pages on a regular basis. I use Editable content and it works great. Before Pablo implemented Editable content, I used the Simple CMS from PHPJabbers, which worked fine, but I migrated those to the standard Wizzy tool.

I work with customers who need to make updated reports and documents available to the public. I use the file upload for this. If a single file is updated, I create a link, and the customer uploads the same file name to the server as updated. If there are multiple files, such as training documents, I use the Bootstrap File Listing to display them. If you set up multiple file uploads to different folders on the server, you can easily control the files displayed by the File Listing.

You can also use a combination of the Data Tables for presentation with the CRUD tools on an admin page.

Create an Admin page for customers with the Editable Content, File Uploads, CRUD, and Calendar Admin.

Wizzy has some great tools to allow your customers to update their sites. And I use some of the same tools for sites that I maintain for customers, allowing me to make online updates and not have to open Wizzy.

Hi onlye

thank you so much for the info, this is super valuable! 😃

kind regards 🤗
Mary