Version 19 changed link menu?

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
bluestreakz

Version 19 changed link menu?

Post by bluestreakz »

Hi, I've regularly upgraded my version. I created a website (think it was ver 17), everything worked well, and responded to different breakpoints, using what i believe was a css links menu.

I've upgraded to version 19, but didn't republish the site, until today. Now the links bar is black (but the links are still clickable). I have made NO changes to the site, this worked perfectly in the last version of wwb I used (I think i republished it in version 18).

I've tried to change the output to svg and png, which solves the problem of the links not being viewed, but then i get horrible duplicates when each breakpoint is activated.

Can you help please? how can i avoid this problem in future menus?

Many thanks
you can see the version using css output here
www.english-native.co.uk
Pablo

Re: Version 19 changed link menu?

Post by Pablo »

Did you publish all files?

If you need further assistance then please shared a DEMO project (.wbs file) so I can see all your settings.
Also, please include a description how to reproduce this problem.

I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.

Note that I cannot see what you have done based on the published page (HTML), because the software has thousands of options and millions of possible combinations.
So, there is no way to know which options you have used by looking at the HTML only.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
bluestreakz

Post by bluestreakz »

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes i published all files

here is the demo file https://english-native.co.uk/english-native-demo.wbs

if memory serves me this was using the glass button ext

the only problem is with the navigation menu, which appears black, but the last upload showed some text in the brave browser, but it didn't yesterday.

Many thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for the demo project!
The problem is related to the combination of the selected shape 'Flow Chart Alternate Process' and CSS output. Any other combination is valid, except this one...
Anyway, the issue has been fixed in the latest build.
bluestreakz

Post by bluestreakz »

I have the latest version 19.3.0??? I'm still not sure what your answer means (unless you are just stating the problem is within the css file thats generated?)? If i change the output to svg or png this works, except when the breakpoints are reached and it appears to duplicate the image and/or then show other versions of the image (the buttons) that were hidden for that breakpoint?

Can you explain what i need to do to fix it?

Many thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Can you explain what i need to do to fix it?
Step 1
Download the latest build
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html

Step 2
Install this version
bluestreakz

Post by bluestreakz »

PS after looking at the properties I understand partly what you mean by "flow chart alternative", as it is one of the options, but I cant rememer if i copied this from another website given by wwb or i just followed one of your guides to get the navigation to act and look like this.

Many thanks for your time
bluestreakz

Post by bluestreakz »

PPS I downloaded the latest version this morning, before I contacted you, so I'm guessing you must have updated the software but didn't change the version number.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

so I'm guessing you must have updated the software but didn't change the version number
Correct, this is a hot-fix. Only the build date has changed.

Note: you have used "flow chart alternative", I recommend to use "round rect" instead. It's the same shape but a simpler output.
bluestreakz

Post by bluestreakz »

yeah I found the round corner, while i was waiting for you! Thanks for the speedy reply and solution.