How to create a booking form which is linked with a hotel

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
paul2811

How to create a booking form which is linked with a hotel

Post by paul2811 »

Hi All,

I wanted to know how you can create a complete booking form on your website for clients to book hotel rooms via your website which is directly linked to a hotel

Any help would be very much appreciated

Best Regards
Paul2811
crispy68

Re: HOW TO CREATE A BOOKING FORM WHICH IS LINKED WITH A HOTEL

Post by crispy68 »

Does the hotel you are referring to already have an existing booking option? If so, you will need to see if their booking software has an option to add code to your website that will link to it.

If it doesnt, then this is not something easy to teach someone or create and will require a custom script, database, payment portal, etc. You would be best off trying to find an already built solution that will work for you. I have used phpjabbers scripts and they work very well with WB. They will also customize their script to meet your needs for an additional cost.

For example: https://www.phpjabbers.com/hotel-booking-system/
paul2811

Post by paul2811 »

Hi Crispy68,

Thank you for your reply. I haven't contacted any hotels just yet so I don't know whether they have a code or not. However I am sure that they would have a booking form. If they do by chance a code that I could add, how would I and where would I actually insert this code on my website to enable a link to their form?.

Best Regards
Paul2811
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Are you wanting an actual booking form on your website where they can book and pay without leaving your site or simply a link that redirects the user to the hotels page with the form?

If it's the first option, then the hotel is going to have to provide you with the code and you would use the html object in WB to place the code where it needs to go. Different types of code go in different spots (head, body, etc.)

If it's the second option, then all you need to do is enter a manual link to the hotels booking page.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have moved this to the 'Off Topic Section' as not directly related to the software. As already mentioned cresting this would require a good knowledge of PHP and the writing of Databases this is something we cannot teach you as out if the scope of the forum.
I doubt that any hotel would be willing to provide its exciting code for you to use in your site page for a couple of reasons 1:Security and 2:They have already paid another developer to do so and may be against his/her terms of use. To get above to link to there site is as simple as any other link you can make with the software see the following
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
Adding HTML (external code/scripts)
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/add_html.html
MGD4me

Re: How to create a booking form which is linked with a hotel

Post by MGD4me »

Hi Paul...

A potential roadblock to your idea, is that for your booking form to be functional, you would first need a link into the hotel's database to determine (read) which rooms would be available, and on which days. Next, once a client makes their choice, to be able to go back into the hotel database and reserve, or block out those rooms and dates (a write function). That little technical detail alone would likely not make this an easy venture. Hotels most likely are using third party software solutions, and they certainly would not be willing to allow anyone access to their code. If they did allow access, it would be through a paid API connection.